• 2 percent Medicare cut to providers
• Reduced funding for NIH, FDA, CDC
• SGR calculated 26.5 percent cut to Medicare providers
• Return to Clinton-era income tax rates
Why The Fiscal Cliff Is A Fiscal Heart Attack For Doctors
- Volume 25 - Issue 12 - December 2012
- 3597 reads
- 0 comments
Of course, if Congress works to avoid falling off the cliff, we would avoid many of the aforementioned scenarios but that doesn’t mean that we will not see a change in health-related programs. Whether we go over the cliff or not, Medicare and Medicaid benefits may see substantial changes as a result of negotiations.
Dr. Rogers is the Co-Director of the Amputation Prevention Center at Valley Presbyterian Hospital in Van Nuys, Calif. He was the 2012 Democratic nominee for the U.S. House of Representatives for California’s 25th district.