When Patients Ask About Online Information On Products And Procedures
- Volume 22 - Issue 1 - January 2009
- 10867 reads
- 0 comments
1. Clemensen J, Larsen SB, Kirkevold M, Ejskjaer N. Treatment of Diabetic Foot Ulcers in the Home: Video Consultations as an Alternative to Outpatient Hospital Care. Int J Telemed Appl. 2008: 132890.
2. Larijani B, Heshmat R, Bahrami A, Delshad H, Ranjbar Omrani G, et al. Effects of intravenous Semelil (ANGIPARSTM) on diabetic foot ulcers healing: a multicenter clinical trial. DARU Vol 16, Suppl. 2008.
3. Lipsky BA, Berendt AT, Deery HG, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of diabetic foot infections. Clin Infect Dis. 2004 Oct 1; 39(7): 885-910.
4. Schaffer M, Bongartz M, Fischer S, Proksch B, Viebahn R. Nitric oxide restores impaired healing in normoglycaemic diabetic rats. J Wound Care. 2007 Jul; 16(7): 311-6.
5. Witte MB, Kiyama T, Barbul A. Nitric oxide enhances experimental wound healing in diabetes. Br J Surg. 2002 Dec; 89(12): 1594-1601.
6. Witte MB, Thornton FJ, Tantry U, Barbul A. L-Arginine supplementation enhances diabetic wound healing: involvement of the nitric oxide synthase and arginase pathways. Metabolism. 2002 Oct; 51(10): 1269-73.
7. Masters KS, Leibovich SJ, Belem P, West JL, Poole-Warren LA. Effects of nitric oxide releasing poly(vinyl alcohol) hydrogel dressings on dermal wound healing in diabetic mice. Wound Repair Regen. 2002 Sep-Oct; 10(5): 286-94.
8. Luo JD, Wang YY, Fu WL, Wu J, Chen AF. Gene therapy of endothelial nitric oxide synthase and manganese superoxide dismutase restores delayed wound healing in type 1 diabetic mice. Circulation. 2004 Oct 19; 110(16): 2482-93.
9. Boykin JV, Baylis C, Allen SK, Humphries YM, Shawler LG, Sommer VL, Watkins MB, Young JK, Crossland MC. Treatment of elevated homecysteine to restore normal wound healing: a possible relationship between homocysteine, nitric oxide and wound repair. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2005 Jul-Aug; 18(6): 297-300.
10. Silva SY, Rueda LC, Marquez GA, Lopez M, Smith DJ, Calderon CA, Castillo JC, Matute J, Rueda-Clausen CF, Orduz A, Silva FA, Kampeerapappun P, Bhide M, Lopez-Jaramillo P. Double blind, randomized, placebo controlled clinical trial for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers, using a nitric oxide releasing patch: PATHON. Trials. 2007 Sep 26; 8: 26.
11. Lavery LA, Murdoch DP, Williams J, Lavery DC. Does anodyne light therapy improve peripheral neuropathy in diabetes? A double-blind, sham-controlled, randomized trial to evaluate monochromatic infrared photoenergy. Diabetes Care. 2008 Feb; 31(2): 316-21.
12. Sutterfield R. Light therapy and advanced wound care for a neuropathic plantar ulcer on a Charcot foot. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs. 2008 Jan-Feb; 35(1): 113-5.
13. Arnall DA, Nelson AG, Lopez L, Sanz N, Iversen L, Sanz I, Stambaugh L, Arnall SB. The restorative effects of pulsed infrared light therapy on significant loss of peripheral protective sensation in patients with long-term type 1 and type 2 diabetes mellitus. Acta Diabetol. 2006 May; 434(1): 26-33.
14. Franzen-Korzendorfer H, Blackinton M, Rone-Adams S, McCulloch J. The effect of monochromatic infrared energy on transcutaneous oxygen measurements and protective sensation: results of a controlled, double-blind, randomized clinical study. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2008 Jun; 54(6): 16-31.
15. Leonard DR, Farooqi MH, Myers S. Restoration of sensation, reduced pain, and improved balance in subjects with diabetic peripheral neuropathy: a double-blind, randomized, placebo-controlled study with monochromatic near-infrared treatment. Diabetes Care. 2004 Jan; 27(1): 168-72.
16. Kranke P, Bennett M, Roeckl-Wiedmann I, Debus S. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for chronic wounds. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2004;(2):CD004123.
17. Roeckl-Wiedmann I, Bennett M, Kranke P. Systematic review of hyperbaric oxygen in the management of chronic wounds. Br J Surg. 2005 Jan; 92(1): 24-32.
18. Strauss MB. Hyperbaric oxygen as an intervention for managing wound hypoxia: its role and usefulness in diabetic foot wounds. Foot Ankle Int. 2005 Jan; 26(1): 15-8.
19. Londahl M, Katzman P, Nilsson A, Hammarlund C, Sellman A, Wykman A, Hugo-Persson M, Apelqvist J. A prospective study: hyperbaric oxygen therapy in diabetics with chronic foot ulcers. J Wound Care. 2006 Nov; 15(10): 457-9.