When Do You Refer A Patient For Vascular Intervention?
- Volume 25 - Issue 12 - December 2012
- 6298 reads
- 1 comments
1. American Diabetes Association Consensus Statement. Peripheral arterial disease in people with diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2003; 26(12):3333-3341.
2. American Diabetes Association Consensus. Diagnosis of PAD is important for people with diabetes. Diabetes Care. November 21, 2003. Available at http://www.diabetes.org/living-with-diabetes/complications/peripheral-ar... .
3. Available at http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/prost.html . Accessed Oct. 24, 2012.
4. Available at http://seer.cancer.gov/statfacts/html/breast.html . Accessed Oct. 24, 2012.
5. Weitz JI, Byrne J, Clagett GP, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of chronic arterial insufficiency of the lower extremities: a critical review. Circulation. 1996; 94(11):3026-49.
6. Young MJ, McCardle JE, Radall LE, Barclay JI. Improved survival of diabetic foot ulcer patients 1995-2008: possible impact of aggressive cardiovascular risk management. Diabetes Care. 2008; 31(11):2143-2147.
7. Ljungman C, Holmberg L, Bergqvist D, et al. Amputation risk and survival after embolectomy for acute arterial ischaemia. Time trends in a defined Swedish population. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 1996; 11(2):176-182.
8. Creager MA, Bell DP, Nanjundappa A, Stevens SL. Early detection and minimally invasive treatment of PAD: a multidisciplinary discussion. Available at http://www.medscape.org/viewarticle/769576 . Published Aug. 30, 2012. Accessed Oct. 24, 2012.
9. Hirsch AT, Haskal ZJ, Hertzer N, et al. ACC/AHA Guidelines for the management of patients with peripheral arterial disease (lower extremity, renal, mesenteric and abdominal aortic). J Amer Coll Cardiology. 2006; 47(6):1239-1312.
10. TASC Consensus Paper, Outcome Assessment Methodology in Peripheral Arterial Disease – Impetus for Outcomes Research, Page 39, Table IX; Classifications of PAD. Available at www.tasc-2-pad.org .
11. Yost M. Interview, WOKV radio. Jacksonville, FL: July 8th, 2012. Podcast available at www.WOKV.com .
12. Janov J. Seven keys to preventing malpractice lawsuits. Podiatry Today. 2007; 20(8):96-106.
For further reading, see the DPM Blog “PAD Awareness Month And The Case For Limb Preservation” at http://tinyurl.com/c9utpfy .