You have likely heard of the Pioneer accountable care organization. The CMS chose Pioneer ACOs based on the infrastructure already in place that the CMS deemed closely related to an ACO model. This was an early “testing” phase for the Medicare Shared Savings Program ACO. Pioneer ACOs are subject to different shared savings methodology. There are 32 Pioneer ACOs throughout the country.
What You Should Know About Accountable Care Organizations
- Volume 26 - Issue 4 - April 2013
- 7307 reads
- 0 comments
1. Available at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/sharedsavi... .
2. Commins J. Medicare ACOs add 106. HealthLeaders Media, January 11, 2013. Available at http://www.healthleadersmedia.com/content/HEP-288223/Medicare-ACOs-Add-106 .
3. Blum J. 106 New ACOs – good news for people with Medicare. The CMS Blog, January 10, 2013. Available at http://blog.cms.gov/2013/01/10/106-new-acos-good-news-for-people-with-me... .
4. Available at https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/sharedsavi... .
5. Personal communication.
6. Quality Measurement & Health Assessment Group Office of Clinical Standards & Quality Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Accountable Care Organization 2012 Program Analysis: Quality Performance Standards Narrative Measure Specifications, December 12, 2011. Available at http://www.cms.gov/medicare/medicare-fee-for-service-payment/sharedsavin... .
7. Available at http://www.oliverwyman.com/media/OW_ENG_HLS_PUBL_The_ACO_Surprise.pdf .
8. Personal communication.
9. Health and Human Services Press News Release, HHS announces 89 new Accountable Care Organizations, July 9, 2012.
10. Anderson C. Report: 31 million patients in US receive care from an ACO, Healthcare Finance News, November 27, 2012. Available at http://www.healthcarefinancenews.com/news/report-31-million-patients-us-... .