What Is The Future Of Collaborative Medicine?
Dr. Marcinko is the co-founder of www.PodiatryPrep.com and CEO of www.MedicalBusinessAdvisors.com, a practice management and advisory firm for physicians. He also publishes the blog www.MedicalExecutivePost.com. Dr. Marcinko is a member of the American Society of Health Economists and the Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society. A former visiting professor of business administration, he is also Editor-in-Chief of the institutional journal www.HealthcareFinancials.com and the author of more than two dozen books in medicine, business, information technology and finance.
Professor Hetico is a former Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality. An Assistant Professor at several local graduate schools in Atlanta, she is also Managing Editor of www.HealthDictionarySeries.com and the Executive Director for www.ePodiatryConsentForms.com.
For further reading, see “When Patients Ask About Online Information On Products And Procedures” in the January 2009 issue of Podiatry Today, “What Web Marketing Can Do For Your Practice” in the November 2004 issue, “Essential Insights On Electronic Medical Records” in the February 2010 issue or “How To Evaluate EMR Systems For Your Practice” in the April 2005 issue.
To access Podiatry Today’s blogs, visit www.podiatrytoday.com/blogs.
1. Matthew Holt, personal communication
2. Marcinko DE and Hetico HR. Dictionary of Health Insurance and Managed Care. Springer Publishers, New York, 2007.
3. John Luo, MD, personal communication
4. Available at http://healthcarefinancials.com/default.aspx
5. Marcinko DE and Hetico HR. Risk Management and Insurance Planning for Physicians and Advisors, Jones and Bartlett Publishers, Sudbury, MA, 2007
6. Tulgan B. Managing the generation mix. HRD Press, Chicago, 2006.
7. http://doctorandpatient.blogspot.com/ 2007/01/detroit-medical-center-money-back.html
8. Rochman B. When patients share medical data online. Time 2010. Available at http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1957460,00.html?artId=1....
9. Lundberg GD. Why health care professionals should practice participatory medicine: perspective of a long-time medical editor. J Participat Med 2009 Oct; 1(1):e3.
10. Hartzband P, Groopman J. Untangling the Web: patients, doctors and the Internet. N Engl J Med 2010 Mar 25; 362(12):1063-6.
11. Berwick DM. What ‘patient centered’ should mean: confessions of an extremist. Health Affairs 2009; 28(4):w555-565.
12. http://medicalexecutivepost.com/ 2008/09/29/repeat-warning-on-physician-blogs/
13. Block BH. Open letter to the Council on Podiatric Medical Education. Podiatry Management, April/May 2010.
14. Halloran C. Taking patient centered care to a new level. H&HN, April 2010.
15. Lee D. Collaboration drives success. Health and Health Networks, April 2010.
16. Marcinko DE and Hetico HR. Dictionary of Health Information Technology and Security. Springer Publishers, New York, 2008.
17. Marcinko DE (ed.) Healthcare Organizations [Journal of Financial Management Strategies]. Institute of Medical Business Advisors Inc, Atlanta, 2010.
18. Marcinko DE and Hetico HR. Advanced Business of Medical Practice, second edition, Springer Publishing, New York, 2005.
19. Schmuckler E. Medical Leadership and Self-Branding [Transforming the Next-Generation of Physician Executives]. Business of Medical Practice, third edition, Springer Publishing, New York, 2011.