Treating Tinea Pedis In Patients With Diabetes
25. Novartis Pharmaceuticals Australia, Lamisil tablets (terbinafine hydrochloride). http://www.novartis.com.au/PI_PDF/lam.pdf, 2011.
26. Mayser P, Freund V, Budihardja D. Toenail onychomycosis in diabetic patients: issues and management. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2009; 10(4):211-220.
27. Brenner M, Harkless LB, Mendicino RW, Page JC. Ciclopirox 8% nail lacquer topical solution for the treatment of onychomycosis in patients with diabetes: a multicenter, open-label study. J Amer Podiatr Med Assoc. 2007; 97(3):195-202.
28. Gupta A, Einarson TR, Summerbell RC, Shear NH. An overview of topical antifungal therapy in dermatomycoses: a North American perspective. Drugs. 1998; 55(5):645-674.
29. Bohn M, Kraemer K. Dermatopharmacology of ciclopirox nail lacquer topical solution 8% in the treatment of onychomycosis. J Amer Acad Dermatol. 2000; 43(4):S57.
30. Gupta AK. Ciclopirox: an overview. Int J Dermatol. 2001; 40(5):305-310.
31. Matricciani L, Talbot K, Jones S. Safety and efficacy of tinea pedis and onychomycosis treatment in people with diabetes: a systematic review. J Foot Ankle Res. 2011; 4(1):26-38.
For further reading, see “A Closer Look At Topicals For Tinea Pedis” in the September 2009 issue of Podiatry Today, “Addressing Onychomycosis In Patients With Diabetes” in the March 2012 issue or “How To Detect And Treat Tinea Pedis” in the January 2005 issue.