Is There A Place For Topical NSAIDs In Podiatric Sports Medicine?
- Volume 25 - Issue 12 - December 2012
- 8036 reads
- 0 comments
1. Vane JR. Inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis as a mechanism of action for aspirin-like drugs. Nat New Biol. 1971;231(25):232-5.
2. Vaile JH, Davis P. Topical NSAIDS for musculoskeletal conditions. A review of the literature. Drugs. 1998;56(5):783-99.
3. Seth BL. Comparative pharmacokinetics and bioavailability study of percutaneous absorption of diclofenac from two topical formulations containing drug as a solution gel or as an emulsion gel. Arzneimittelforschung. 1992;42(2):120-2.
4. Assandri A, Canali S, Giachetti C. Local tolerability and pharmacokinetic profile of a new transdermal delivery system, diclofenac hydroxyethyl pyrrolidine plaster. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 1993;19(3):89-95.
5. Dreiser RL, Roche R, De Sabb R. Flurbiprofen local action transcutaneous (LAT): clinical evaluation in the treatment of acute ankle sprains. Eur J Rheumatol Inflamm. 1994;14(4):9-13.
6. Diebschlag W, Nocker W, Bullingham R. A double-blind study of the efficacy of topical ketorolac tromethamine gel in the treatment of ankle sprains in comparison to placebo and eftofenamate. J Clin Pharmacol. 1990;30(1):82-9.
7. Russell AL. Piroxicam 0.5% gel compared to placebo in the treatment of acute soft tissue injuries: a double-blind trial comparing efficacy and safety. Clin Invest Med. 1991; 14(1):35-44.
8. Mason L, Moore RA, Edwards JE, Derry S, McQuay HJ. Topical NSAIDs for acute pain: a meta-analysis. BMC Fam Pract. 2004;5:10.
9. Jenoure P, Segresser B, Luhti U, Gremion G. A trial with diclofenac HEP plaster as topical treatment in minor sports injuries. Drugs Exp Clin Res. 1993;19(3):125-31.
10. Willis JV, Kendall MJ. Pharmacokinetic studies on diclofenac sodium in young and old volunteers. Scand J Rheumatol Suppl. 1978;22:36-41.
11. Mazieres B, Rouanet S, Guillon Y, Scarsi C, Reiner V. Topical ketoprofen patch (100 mg) in the treatment of tendinitis: a randomized double-blind placebo controlled study. J Rheumatol. 2005;32(8):1563-70.
12. Grahame R, Mattara L, Aoki K, et al. A meta-analysis to compare flurbiprofen LAT to placebo in the treatment of soft tissue rheumatism. Clin Rheumatol. 1994; 13:357.
13. De Benedittis G, Lorenzetti A. Topical aspirin/diethyl ether mixture versus indomethacin and diclofenac/diethyl ether mixture for acute herpetic neuralgia and postherpetic neuralgia: a double-blind crossover placebo-controlled study. Pain. 1996;65(1): 48-53.
14. Tugwell PS, Wells GA, Shainhouse JZ. Equivalence study of a topical diclofenac solution (pennsaid) compared with oral diclofenac in symptomatic treatment of osteoarthritis of the knee: a randomized controlled trial. J Rheumatol. 2004;31(10):2002-12.