Saying ‘No’ To Patients With Diabetes
- Volume 27 - Issue 1 - January 2014
- 4287 reads
- 0 comments
24. Weil L Jr. Obesity, feet, and the impact on health care. Foot Ankle Spec. 2012; 5(3):148-9.
25. Butterworth PA, Landorf KB, Smith SE, Menz HB. The association between body mass index and musculoskeletal foot disorders: a systematic review. Obes Rev. 2012; 13(7):630-42.
26. Runhaar J, Koes BW, Clockaerts S, Bierma-Zeinstra SM. A systematic review on changed biomechanics of lower extremities in obese individuals: a possible role in development of osteoarthritis. Obes Rev. 2011; 12(12):1071-82.
27. Shultz SP, Sitler MR, Tierney RT, Hillstrom HJ, Song J. Consequences of pediatric obesity on the foot and ankle complex. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2012; 102(1):5-12.
28. Bostman OM. Prevalence of obesity among patients admitted for elective orthopaedic surgery. Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1994; 18(10):709-13.
29. Fabris SM, Faintuch J, Brienze SL, Brito GB, Sitta IS, Mendes EL, Fonseca IC, Cecconello I. Are knee and foot orthopedic problems more disabling in the superobese? Obes Surg. 2013; 23(2):201-4.
30. Finkelstein EA, Chen H, Prabhu M, Trogdon JG, Corso PS. The relationship between obesity and injuries among U.S. adults. Am J Health Promot. 2007; 21(5):460-8.
31. Wearing SC, Hennig EM, Byrne NM, Steele JR, Hills AP. Musculoskeletal disorders associated with obesity: a biomechanical perspective. Obes Rev. 2006; 7(3):239-50.
32. Kessler J, Koebnick C, Smith N, Adams A. Childhood obesity is associated with increased risk of most lower extremity fractures. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; 471(4):1199-207.
33. Chaudhry S, Egol KA. Ankle injuries and fractures in the obese patient. Orthop Clin North Am. 2011; 42(1):45-53.
34. Moayyeri A, Luben RN, Wareham NJ, Khaw KT. Body fat mass is a predictor of risk of osteoporotic fracture in women but not in men: a prospective population study. J Intern Med. 2012; 271(5):472-80.
35. Sohn MW, Budiman-Mak E, Lee TA, Oh E, Stuck RM. Significant J-shaped association between body mass index (BMI) and diabetic foot ulcers. Diabetes Metab Res Rev. 2011; 27(4):402-9.
36. Stuck RM, Sohn MW, Budiman-Mak E, Lee TA, Weiss KB. Charcot arthropathy risk elevation in the obese diabetic population. Am J Med. 2008; 121(11):1008-14.
37. Vela SA, Lavery LA, Armstrong DG, Anaim AA. The effect of increased weight on peak pressures: implications for obesity and diabetic foot pathology. J Foot Ankle Surg. 1998; 37(5):416-20.
38. Armstrong M. Obesity as an intrinsic factor affecting wound healing. J Wound Care. 1998; 7(5):220-1.