Saying ‘No’ To Patients With Diabetes
- Volume 27 - Issue 1 - January 2014
- 4009 reads
- 0 comments
1. Wukich DK, Lowery NJ, McMillen RL, Frykberg RG. Postoperative infection rates in foot and ankle surgery: a comparison of patients with and without diabetes mellitus. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010; 92(2):287-95.
2. Myers TG, Lowery NJ, Frykberg RG, Wukich DK. Ankle and hindfoot fusions: comparison of outcomes in patients with and without diabetes. Foot Ankle Int. 2012; 33(1):20-8.
3. Shibuya N, Humphers JM, Fluhman BL, Jupiter DC. Factors associated with nonunion, delayed union, and malunion in foot and ankle surgery in diabetic patients. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013; 52(2):207-211.
4. Stryker LS, Abdel MP, Morrey ME, Morrow MM, Kor DJ, Morrey BF. Elevated postoperative blood glucose and preoperative hemoglobin A1c are associated with increased wound complications following total joint arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2013; 95(9):808-14.
5. Davis MC, Zlewacz JE, Sullivan SE, El-Sayed AM. Preoperative hyperglycemia and complication risk following neurosurgical intervention: A study of 918 consecutive cases. Surg Neurol Int. 2012; 3:49.
6. Endara M, Masden D, Goldstein J, Gondek S, Steinberg J, Attinger C. The role of chronic and perioperatie glucose management in high risk surgical closures; a case for tighter glycemic control. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2013 Jun 18 Epub.
7. Available at http://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/data_statistics/fact_sheets/adult_data/cig_sm... . Published June 5, 2013. Accessed Dec. 3, 2013.
8. Jensen JA, Goodson WH, Hopf HW, Hunt TK. Cigarette smoking reduces tissue oxygen. Arch Surg 1991; 126(9):1131-1134.
9. Easley M, Trnka HJ, Schon, LC, Myerson MS. Isolated subtalar arthrodesis. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2000; 82(5):613-24.
10. Cobb TK, Gabrielsen TA, Campbell DC 2nd, Wallrichs SL, Ilstrup DM. Cigarette smoking and nonunion after ankle arthrodesis. Foot Ankle Int. 1994; 15(2):64-7.
11. Adams CI, Keating JF, Court-Brown CM. Cigarette smoking and open tibial fractures. Injury. 2001; 32(1):61-5.
12. Ishikawa SN, Murphy GA, Richardson EG. The effect of cigarette smoking on hindfoot fusions. Foot Ankle Int. 2002; 23(11):996-8.
13. Castillo RC, Bosse MJ, MacKenzie EJ. Fracture healing and risk of complications in limb-threatening open tibia fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2005; 19(3):151-7.
14. Chahal J, Stephen DJG, Bulmer B, Daneils T, Kreder HJ. Factors associated with outcome after subtalar arthrodesis. J Orthop Trauma 2006; 20(8):555–561.
15. Krannitz KW, Fong HW, Fallat LM, Kish J. The effect of cigarette smoking on radiographic bone healing after elective foot surgery. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2009; 48(5):525-527.
16. Felcher AH, Mularski RA, Mosen DM, Kimes TM, DeLoughery TG, Laxson SE. Incidence and risk factors for venous thromboembolic disease in podiatric surgery. Chest. 2009; 135(4):917-22.
17. Dodson NB, Ross AJ, Mendicino RW, Catanzariti AR. Factors affecting healing of ankle fractures. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2013; 52(1):2-5.
18. Shibuya N, Frost CH, Campbell JD, Davis ML, Jupiter DC. Incidence of acute deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism in foot and ankle trauma: analysis of the National Trauma Data Bank. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2012; 51(1):63-8.
19. Graves ML, Porter SE, Fagan BC, Brien GA, Lewis MW, Biggers MD, Woodall JR, Russell GV. Is obesity protective against wound healing complications in pilon surgery? Soft tissue envelope and pilon fractures in the obese. Orthopedics. 2010; 33(8).
20. Japour C, Vohra P, Giorgini R, Sobel E. Ankle arthroscopy: follow-up study of 33 ankles—effect of physical therapy and obesity. J Foot Ankle Surg. 1996; 35(3):199-209.
21. Bostman OM. Body-weight related to loss of reduction of fractures of the distal tibia and ankle. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 1995; 77(1):101-3.
22. Friedman RJ, Hess S, Berkowitz SD, Homering M. Complication rates after hip or knee arthroplasty in morbidly obese patients. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2013; 471(10):3358-66.
23. Greenblatt DY, Rajamanickam V, Mell MW. Predictors of surgical site infection after open lower extremity revascularization. J Vasc Surg. 2011; 54(2):433-9.