Preventing Falls In The Elderly: Where DPMs Can Have An Impact
- Volume 25 - Issue 9 - September 2012
- 16944 reads
- 0 comments
26. Gillespie LD, Robertson MC, Gillespie WJ, Lamb SE, Gates S, Cumming RG, et al. Interventions for preventing falls in older people living in the community. Cochrane Database Sys Rev 2009; 15(2):CD007146.
27. Costello E, Edelstein J. Update on falls prevention for community-dwelling older adults: Review of single and multifactorial intervention programs. J Rehab Res Dev. 2008; 45(8):1135-52.
28. Tinetti ME. Preventing falls in the elderly. New Eng J Med. 2003; 348(1):42-49.
29. Spink MJ, Menz HB, Fotoohabadi MRf, E Wee, Landorf KB, Hill KD, Lord SR. Effectiveness of a multifaceted podiatry intervention to prevent falls in community dwelling older people with disabling foot pain: randomized controlled trial. BMJ 2011; 342:d3411.
For further reading, see Dr. Richie’s DPM Blogs “How Can DPMs Prevent Falls In The Elderly?” at http://tinyurl.com/6238jq9 , “The Truth About AFOs And Fall Prevention” at http://goo.gl/7r7dG or “Still Looking For Documentation That AFOs Effectively Prevent Falls” at http://tinyurl.com/cjjcvko .