Managing Traumatic Foot Wounds From Foreign Objects
- Volume 27 - Issue 4 - April 2014
- 2888 reads
- 1 comments
Dr. Geary is a podiatry attending affiliated with the Captain James A. Lovell Federal Health Care Center in North Chicago, IL.
1. Singer AJ, Hollander JE, Quinn JV. Evaluation and management of traumatic lacerations. N Engl J Med. 1997;337(16):1142-8.
2. National Center for Health Statistics. Emergency department visits. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/ervisits.htm. Updated May 30, 2013. Accessed February 12th, 2014.
3. DeCoster TA, Miller RA. Management of traumatic foot wounds. J Am Acad Orthop Surg. 1994;2(4):226-230.
4. Owens BD, Wenke JC. Early wound irrigation improves the ability to remove bacteria. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007;89(8):1723-6.
5. Gustilo RB, Anderson JT. Prevention of infection in the treatment of one thousand and twenty-five open fractures of long bones: retrospective and prospective analyses. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1976;58:453-8.