Locking Plates: Do They Prevent Complications?
- Volume 27 - Issue 4 - April 2014
- 3054 reads
- 0 comments
25. Granata JD, Berlet GC, Ghotge R, et al. Talonavicular joint fixation: A biomechanical comparison of locking compression plates and lag screws. Foot Ankle Spec. 2014; 7(1):20-31.
26. Abbasian A, Zaidi R, Guha A, et al. Comparison of three different fixation methods of calcaneal osteotomies. Foot Ankle Int. 2013; 34(3):420-425.
27. Hyer CF, Atway S, Berlet GC, Lee TH. Early weight bearing of calcaneal fractures fixated with locked plates: a radiographic review. Foot Ankle Spec. 2010; 3(6):320-323.
28. Blake MH, Owen JR, Sanford TS, et al. Biomechanical evaluation of a locking and non-locking reconstruction plate in an osteoporotic calcaneal fracture model. Foot Ankle Int. 2011; 32(4):432-436.
29. Redfern DJ, Oliveira ML, Campbell JT, et al. A biomechanical comparison of locking and non-locking plates for the fixation of calcaneal fractures. Foot Ankle Int. 2006; 27(3):196-201.
30. Eckel TT, Glisson RR, Anand P, et al. Biomechancial comparison of four different lateral plate constructs for distal fibula fractures. Foot Ankle Int. 2013; 34(11):1588-1595.
31. Kim T, Ayturk UM, Haskell A, et al. Fixation of osteoporotic distal fibula fractures: a biomechanical comparison of locking versus conventional plates. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2007; 46(1):2-6.
32. Ozkaya U, Parmaksizoglu AS, Gul M, et al. Minimally invasive treatment of distal tibial fractures with locking and non-locking plates. Foot Ankle Int. 2009; 30(12):1161-1167.
33. Ahmad MA, Sivaraman A, Zig A, et al. Percutaneous locking plates for fractures of the distal tibia: our experience and a review of the literature. J Trauma Acute Care Surg. 2012; 72(2):E81-7.
34. O’Neill PJ, Logel KJ, Parks BG, et al. Rigidity comparison of locking plate and intrameduallary fixation for tibiotalocalcaneal arthrodesis. Foot Ankle Int. 2008; 29(6):581-586.
For further reading, see “Point-Counterpoint: Are Locking Plates Necessary For First MPJ Fusion?” in the June 2011 issue of Podiatry Today.