Keys To Intraoperative Positioning For Subtalar Joint Procedures
- Volume 25 - Issue 5 - May 2012
- 8925 reads
- 0 comments
Dr. Wallin is a second-year resident with the Scripps Mercy Kaiser Podiatric Residency Program at the Scripps Mercy Medical Center in San Diego.
Dr. Green is the Residency Director of the Scripps Mercy Kaiser Podiatric Residency Program at the Scripps Mercy Medical Center in San Diego. He is a Clinical Professor at the California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt University, and is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. Dr. Green is also a faculty member of the Podiatry Institute and has a private practice in San Diego.
1. Needleman RL. Current topic review: subtalar arthroereisis for the correction of flexible flatfoot. Foot Ankle Int. 2005;26(4):336-46.
2. Zaret DI, Myerson MS. Arthroerisis of the subtalar joint. Foot Ankle Clin. 2003;8(3):605-17.
3. Lopez R, Singh T, Banga S, Hasan N. Subtalar joint arthrodesis. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2012;29(1):67-75.
4. Banks AS, Downey MS, Martin DE, Miller S (eds): McGlamry’s Comprehensive Textbook of Foot and Ankle Surgery. 3rd ed. Lippincott, Williams & Wilkins, New York, 2001.
5. Coughlin MJ, Mann RA, Saltzman CL. Surgery of the Foot and Ankle. 8th ed. Mosby, Philadelphia, 2007.
6. Root ML, Orien WP, Weed JH. Normal and Abnormal Function of the Foot. Clinical Biomechanics Corp., Los Angeles, 1977.
7. Kirby KA. Biomechanics of the normal and abnormal foot. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2000;90(1):30-34.
8. Piazza SJ. Mechanics of the subtalar joint and its function during walking. Foot Ankle Clin N Am. 2005;10(3):425-442.
9. Oloff LM, Naylor BL, Jacobs AM. Complications of subtalar arthroereisis. J Foot Surg. 1987;26(2):136-140.
10. Tuijthof GJ, Beimers L, Kerkhoffs GM, Dankelman J, Dijk CN. Overview of subtalar arthrodesis techniques: options, pitfalls and solutions. Foot Ankle Surg. 2010;16(3):107-16.
For further reading, see “Understanding The Biomechanics Of Subtalar Joint Arthroereisis” in the April 2011 issue of Podiatry Today, “How To Address Subtalar Joint Instability” in the May 2007 issue or “Assessing The Pros And Cons Of Subtalar Implants” in the May 2006 issue.