Is HBOT Cost-Effective For Diabetic Foot Ulcers?
- Volume 22 - Issue 6 - June 2009
- 11589 reads
- 0 comments
1. Harrington C, Zagari MJ, Corea J, Klitenic J. A cost analysis of diabetic lower-extremity ulcers. Diabetes Care 2000; 23(9):1333-8.
2. Couch NP, et al. Natural history of the leg amputee. Am J Surg 1977; 133(4):469.
3. Aulivola B, et al. Major lower extremity amputation, outcome of a modern series. Arch Surg 2004; 139(4);395-399.
4. Hopf H, Fife CE. Is there a role for HBO in limb salvage? Podiatry Today 2008; 21(8):56-64.
5. Margolis DJ, Kantor J, Berlin JA. Healing of diabetic neuropathic foot ulcers receiving standard treatment. A meta-analysis. Diabetes Care 1999; 22(5):692-5.
6. Pecoraro RE, Ahroni JH, Boyko EJ, Stensel VL. Chronology and determinants of tissue repair in diabetic lower-extremity ulcers. Diabetes 1991; 40(10):1305-13.
7. Goshima KR, Mills JL Sr, Hughes JD. A new look at outcomes after infrainguinal bypass surgery: traditional reporting standards systematically underestimate the expenditure of effort required to attain limb salvage. J Vasc Surg 2004; 39(2);330-5.
8. Carter MJ, Fife CE, Walker D, Thomson B. Estimating the applicability of wound-care randomized controlled trials to general wound care populations by estimating the percentage of individuals excluded from a typical wound care population in such trials. Advances in Skin and Wound Care, 2009, in press.
9. Baroni GC, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen in diabetic gangrene treatment. Diabetes Care 1987; 10:81-86.
10. Oriani G, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy in diabetic gangrene. J Hyperbaric Medicine 1990; 5(1):171-5.
11. Faglia E, et al. Adjunctive systemic hyperbaric oxygen therapy in treatment of severe prevalently ischemic diabetic foot ulcers. Diabetes Care 1996; 19:1338.
12. Fife CE, Buyukcakir C, Otto GH, et al. The predictive value of transcutaneous oxygen tension measurement in diabetic lower extremity ulcers treated with hyperbaric oxygen therapy: a retrospective analysis of 1,144 patients. Wound Repair Regen 2002; 10(4):198-207.
13. Kranke P, Bennett M, Roeckl-Wiedmann I, Debus S. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy for chronic wounds (Cochrane Review). In: The Cochrane Library, Issue 2, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd, Chichester, UK, 2004.
14. Guo S, et al. Cost-effectiveness of adjunctive hyperbaric oxygen in the treatment of diabetic ulcers. Int J Technol Assess Health 19(4):731-737, 2003.
15. Apelquist J, et al. Long-term costs for foot ulcers in diabetic patients in a multidisciplinary setting. Foot Ankle Int 1995; 16(7):388-94.
16. Fife CE, Smart DR, Sheffield PF, Hopf HW, Hawkins G, Clarke D. Transcutaneous oximetry in clinical practice: consensus statements from an expert panel based on evidence. UHM 2009; 36(1)1-11.
17. Hanna GP, Fujise K, Kjellgren O, et al. Infrapopliteal transcatheter interventions for limb salvage in diabetic patients: importance of aggressive interventional approach and role of transcutaneous oximetry. J Am Coll Cardiol 1997;30(3):664-669.