How To Diagnose And Treat Chronic Exertional Compartment Syndrome
- Volume 22 - Issue 6 - June 2009
- 34233 reads
- 0 comments
1. Detmer DE, Sharpe K, et al. Chronic compartment syndrome: Diagnosis, management, and outcomes. Am J Sports Med 1985; 13(3):162-169.
2. Gebauer A, et al. Chronic exercise-induced leg pain in an athlete successfully treated with sympathetic block. Am J Sports Med 2005; 33(10):1575-1578.
3. Leversedge FJ, Casey PJ, Seiler JG, et al. Endoscopically assisted fasciotomy: Description of technique and in-vitro assessment of lower-leg compartment decompression. Am J Sports Med 2002; 30(2):272-278.
4. Mavor GE. The anterior tibial syndrome. J Bone Joint Surg Br 1956; 38(2):513-517.
5. Cohen MM. How to detect and treat chronic compartment syndrome. Podiatry Today 2002; 15(12):40-49.
6. Stein DA, Sennett BJ. One-portal endoscopically assisted fasciotomy for exertional compartment syndrome. J Arthro and Rel Surg 2005; 21(1):108-112.
7. Howard JL, Mohtadi NG, Wiley JP. Evaluation of outcomes in patients following surgical treatment of chronic exertional compartment syndrome in the leg. Clin J Sports Med 2000; 10(3):176-184.
8. Bourne RB, Robrabeck CH. Compartment syndromes of the lower leg. Clin Ortho Rel Res 1989; 240:97-104.
9. Verleisdonk EJ, Schmitz RF, van der Werken C. Long-term results of fasciotomy of the anterior compartment in patients with exercise-induced pain in the lower leg. Int J Sports Med 2004; 25(3):224-229.
10. Hutchinson MR, Bederka B, Kopplin M. Anatomic structures at risk during minimal-incision endoscopically assisted fascial compartment release in the leg. Am J Sports Med 2003; 31(5):764-769.
11. Tzortziou V, Maffulli N, Padhiar N. Diagnosis and management of chronic exertional compartment syndrome in the United Kingdom. Clin J Sport Med 2006; 16(3):209-213.
12. Van den Brand JG, Nelson T, et al. The diagnostic value of intracompartmental pressure measurement, magnetic resonance imaging, and near-infrared spectroscopy in chronic exertional compartment syndrome. Am J Sports Med 2005; 33(5):699-704.
13. Schepsis AA, Fitzgerald M, Nicoletta R. Revision surgery for exertional anterior compartment syndrome of the lower leg. Am J Sports Med 2005; 33(7):1040-1047.