How Long-Term Primary Podiatric Care Can Reduce Diabetic Pedal Complications
- Volume 23 - Issue 12 - December 2010
- 8575 reads
- 0 comments
1. Gibson TB, Driver VR, Wrobel J, Christina JR, Bagalman E, DeFrancis R, Garafoulis MG, Carls GS, Wang SS. Podiatrist care and outcomes for patients with diabetes and foot ulcer. Presented at 98th Annual Scientific Meeting of the American Podiatric Medical Association, July 15-18, 2010, Seattle, Wash.
2. Sage RA, Webster JK, Fisher SG. Outpatient care and morbidity reduction in diabetic foot ulcers associated with chronic pressure callus. JAPMA 2001; 91(6):275-291.
3. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National diabetes fact sheet: general information and national estimates on diabetes in the United States, 2007. U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, 2008.
4. Mayfield JA, Reiber GE, Sanders LJ, Janisse D, Pogach LM. Preventive foot care in people with diabetes, technical review and position statement. Diabetes Care 1998; 21(12):2161-2179.
5. Ndip A, Lavery LA, LaFontaine J, Rutter MK, Vardhan A, Vileikyte L, Boulton AJM. High levels of foot ulceration and amputation risk in a multiracial cohort of diabetic patients on dialysis therapy. Diabetes Care 2010; 33(4):878-880.
6. Lavery LA, Hunt NA, LaFontaine J, Baxter CL, Ndip A, Boulton AJM. Diabetic foot prevention: a neglected opportunity in high-risk patients. Diabetes Care 2010; 33(7):1460-1462.
7. International Working Group on the Diabetic Foot. Available at http://www.iwgdf.org/ .