How To Conquer Achilles Insertional Calcific Tendinosis
- Volume 23 - Issue 12 - December 2010
- 84618 reads
- 0 comments
1. Williams JGP. Achilles tendon lesions in sport. Sports Med 1986; 16(3):114–135.
2. Puddu G, Ippolito I, Postacchini F. A classification of Achilles tendon disease. Am J Sports Med 1976; 4(4):145-150.
3. Fahlstrom M, Jonsson P, Lorentzon R, Alfredson H. Chronic Achilles pain treated with eccentric calf muscle training. Knee Sports Surg Traumatol Arthrosc 2003; 11(5):327-333.
4. Maffulli N, Reaper J, Ewen SW, Waterston SW, Barrass V. Chondral metaplasia in calcific insertional tendinopathy of the Achilles tendon. Clin J Sport Med. 2006; 16(4):329-334.
5. Furia JP. High energy extracorporeal shock wave therapy as a treatment for insertional Achilles tendinopathy. Am J Sports Med 2006; 34(5):733-740.
6. Johnson KW, Zalavras C, Thordarson DB. Surgical management of insertional calcific achilles tendinosis with a central tendon splitting approach. Foot Ankle Int 2006; 27(4):245-250.
7. Maffulli N, Testa V, Capasso G, Sullo A. Calcific insertional Achilles tendinopathy reattachment with bone anchors. Am J Sports Med 2004; 32(1):174-182.
8. McWilliam JR. Immediate weight bearing after complete Achilles detachment and repair for calcific insertional Achilles tendinosis. Presented at the American Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society 22nd Annual Summer Meeting. July 14-16, 2010, La Jolla, Calif.