A Guide To Endoscopic Decompression For Intermetatarsal Neuromas
- Volume 24 - Issue 9 - September 2011
- 13911 reads
- 2 comments
Dr. Fanous is the President as well as a Fellow and the Co-Scientific Chairman of the Academy of Ambulatory Foot and Ankle Surgery. He is the President and CEO of Advanced Medical Management, a medical consulting firm. Dr. Fanous is a former founder and Director of Podiatric Medical Education and Residency Training Program at Anaheim General Hospital in Anaheim, Calif. He is in private practice in Southern California.
Dr. Fanous notes the opinions and assertions contained herein are his views and should not be construed as reflecting the views of the Academy of Ambulatory Foot and Ankle Surgery.
1. Bartolomei FJ, Wertheimer SJ. Intermetatarsal neuroma: distribution and etiologic factors. J Foot Surg. 1983; 22(4):279-282.
2. Mulder JD. The causative mechanism in Morton’s metatarsalgia. J Bone Joint Surg. 1951; 33B(1):94-95.
3. Tate RO, Rusin JJ. Morton’s Neuroma: its ultrastructure anatomy and biomechanical etiology. J Am Podiatry Assoc. 1978; 68(12):797-807.
4. Addante JB, Peicott PS, Wong KY, Brooks D. Interdigital neuromas. Results of surgical excision of 152 neuromas. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1986; 76(9):493-495.
5. Silverman LJ. Morton’s toe or Morton’s neuralgia. J Am Podiatry Assoc. 1976; 66(10):749-756.
6. Alexander IJ, Johnson KA, Parr JW. Morton’s neuroma: a review of recent concepts. Orthopedics. 1987; 10(1):103-106.
7. Miller SJ. Morton’s neuroma, A syndrome. In: McGlamry ED, Banks AS, Downey MS, eds. Comprehensive Textbook of Foot Surgery. Williams and Wilkins, Baltimore, Chapter 11, pp. 304-317, 1987.
8. Berlin SJ, Donick II, Block LD, Costa AJ. Nerve tumors of the foot: diagnosis and treatment. J Am Podiatry Assoc. 1975; 65(2):157-166.
9. Gauthier G. Thomas Morton’s disease: a nerve entrapment syndrome- a new surgical technique. Clin Orthop. 1979; 142:90-107.
10. Bossley CJ, Cairney PC. The intermetatarso-phalangeal bursa-its significance in Morton’s metatarsalgia. J Bone Joint Surg. 1980; 62B(2):184-191.