A Guide To Dry Skin Disorders In The Lower Extremity
- Volume 27 - Issue 1 - January 2014
- 14904 reads
- 0 comments
8. McKinley-Grant L. VisualDx: Essential Dermatology in Pigmented Skin. Lippincott, Philadelphia, 2011, pp. 322.
9. Aziz N. Xerosis and eczema craquele. In McKinley-Grant L (ed): VisualDx: Essential Dermatology in Pigmented Skin. Lippincott, Philadelphia, 2011, pp. 316.
10. Johnson B, Moy R, White G. Ethnic Skin – Medical and Surgical. Mosby, St Louis, 1998, p. 4.
11. Jiang ZX. DeLaCruz J. Appearance benefits of skin moisturization. Skin Research & Technology. 2011; 17(1):51-5.
12. Fujimura T, Takagi Y. Real-life use of underwear treated with fabric softeners improves skin dryness by decreasing the friction of fabrics against the skin. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2011;33(6):566-571.
13. Gooptu C, Powell SM. The problems of rubber hypersensitivity (Types I and IV) in chronic leg ulcer and stasis eczema patients. Contact Dermatitis. 1999; 41(2):89-93.
14. Arndt K, Hsu J. Manual of Dermatologic Therapeutics, seventh edition. Wolters Kluwer, Philadelphia, pp. 72-74.
15. Sippel K, Mayer D, Ballmer B, Dragieva G, Lauchli S, French LE, Hafner J. Evidence that venous hypertension causes stasis dermatitis. Phlebology. 2011; 26(8):361-5.
16. Hazin R. Recognizing and treating cutaneous signs of liver disease. Cleve Clin J Med. 2009; 76(10):599-606.
17. Bigliardi PL. Pruritus--causes, diagnostics and treatment. Revue Medicale Suisse. 2006; 2(63):1115-8.
18. Yosipovitch, G. Dry skin and impairment of barrier function associated with itch - new insights. J Cosmet Sci. 2004; 26(1):1-7.
19. Scott S. Atopic dermatitis and dry skin. In: Krinsky D. Berardi R, Ferreri S, et al (eds). Handbook of Nonprescription Drugs, 17th edition. American Pharmacists Association, Washington, DC, 2012, pp. 615-630.
20. Domino F. 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2014, 22nd edition. Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, Philadelphia, 2013.
21. Available at http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=how-does-sunscreen-protec . Published May 7, 2007. Accessed Dec. 6, 2013.
22. Ward JR, Bernhard JD. Willan's itch and other causes of pruritus in the elderly. Int J Dermatol. 2005; 44(4):267-273.
23. Lynde C, Kraft J. Skin manifestations of kidney disease: Conditions range from benign to life-threatening. Parkhurst Exchange. 2007; Vol.15, No.02
24. Nunley JR, Elston DM. Dermatologic manifestations of renal disease. Available at http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/1094846-overview . Published April 11, 2012. Accessed Dec. 9, 2013.
25. Litzelman DK, Marriott DJ, Vinicor F. Independent physiological predictors of foot lesions in subjects with NIDDM. Diabetes Care. 1997; 20(8):1273-1278.
26. Pavlović MD. The prevalence of cutaneous manifestations in young patients with type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2007; 30(8):1964-1967.
27. Ballmer-Weber BK, Dummer R. Pruritus in frequent skin diseases and therapeutic options. Praxis. 2007; 96(4):107-11.
28. Caussin J, Rozema E, Gooris GS, Wiechers JW, Pavel S, Bouwstra JA. Hydrophilic and lipophilic moisturizers have similar penetration profiles but different effects on SC water distribution in vivo. Experimental Dermatol. 2009; 18(11):954-61.
29. Pennick G, Chavan B, Summers B, Rawlings AV. The effect of an amphiphilic self-assembled lipid lamellar phase on the relief of dry skin. Int J Cosmet Sci. 2012; 34(6):567-74.
30. Loden M. Role of topical emollients and moisturizers in the treatment of dry skin barrier disorders. Am J Clin Dermatol. 2003; 4(11):771-88.
Editor’s note: For related articles see “Keys To Differentiating Eczematous Eruptions In The Pedal Skin” in the April 2009 issue of Podiatry Today, “What You Should Know About Atopic Dermatitis” in the September 2005 issue, “A Guide To Skin Conditions Of The Diabetic Foot” in the September 2004 issue or “Treating Psoriasis In The Lower Extremity” in the February 2011 issue.