A Guide To Current And Emerging NPWT Modalities
- Volume 25 - Issue 7 - July 2012
- 9383 reads
- 0 comments
21. Stannard JP, Atkins BZ, O’Malley D, Singh H, Bernstein B, Fahey M, Masden D, Attinger CE. Use of negative pressure therapy on closed surgical incisions: a case series. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2009;55(8):58-66.
22. Gomoll AH, Lin A, Harris MB. Incisional vacuum-assisted closure therapy. J Orthop Trauma. 2006;20(10):705-9.
23. Stannard JP, Volgas DA, McGwin G 3rd, Stewart RL, Obremskey W, Moore T, Anglen JO. Incisional negative pressure wound therapy after high-risk lower extremity fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2012;26(1):37-42.
24. Prevena™ Incision Management System Clinician Guide. KCI USA, Inc., San Antonio, TX. 2010.
25. Fong KD, Hu D, Eichstadt S, Gupta DM, Pinto M, Gurtner GC, Longaker MT, Lorenz HP. The SNaP system: biomechanical and animal model testing of a novel ultraportable negative-pressure wound therapy system. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010;125(5):1362-71.
26. Lerman B, Oldenbrook L, Eichstadt SL, Ryu J, Fong KD, Schubart PJ. Evaluation of chronic wound treatment with the SNaP wound care system versus modern dressing protocols. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2010;126(4):1253-61.
27. Lerman B, Oldenbrook L, Ryu J, Fong KD, Schubart PJ. The SNaP Wound Care System: a case series using a novel ultraportable negative pressure wound therapy device for the treatment of diabetic lower extremity wounds. J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2010;4(4):825-30.
28. Armstrong DG, Marston WA, Reyzelman AM, Kirsner RS. Comparative effectiveness of mechanically and electrically powered negative pressure wound therapy devices: a multicenter randomized controlled trial. Wound Repair Regen. 2012;20(3):332-41.
For further reading, see “Inside Insights On Negative Pressure Wound Therapy” in the May 2007 issue of Podiatry Today, “Examining The Role Of NPWT In Limb Salvage” in the December 2009 issue or “Point-Counterpoint: Is Foam More Effective Than Gauze With Negative Pressure Wound Therapy?” in the July 2009 issue.
Also check out the DPM Blog “Building A Better ‘Mousetrap’ For NPWT” at http://goo.gl/Z7Lk2 .