A Guide To Compression Dressings For Venous Ulcers
- Volume 25 - Issue 2 - February 2012
- 19175 reads
- 1 comments
1. Perrin M. Skin Necrosis as a complication of compression in the treatment of venous disease and in prevention of venous thromboembolism. Plebolymphology. 2008;15(1):27-30.
2. Callam MJ, Ruckley CV, Dale JJ, Harper DR. Hazards of compression treatment of the leg: an estimate from Scottish surgeons. Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1987;295(6610):1382.
3. Khachemoune A KC. Management of leg ulcers. The Internet Journal of Dermatology. 2002;1(2).
4. Ennis W, Meneses P. Standard, appropriate and advanced care and medical-legal considerations: part two-venous ulceration. Wounds. 2003;15(4):107-22.
5. Harding K, Comerota AJ, Partsch H. Chronic Venous Insufficiency and Venous Ulceration: Etiology and Treatment. 2nd ed. E.R. Squibb & Sons, L.L.C.; Princeton, N.J., 2008.
6. Christopoulos D, Nicolaides AN, Cook A, Irvine A, Galloway JM, Wilkinson A. Pathogenesis of venous ulceration in relation to the calf muscle pump function. Surgery. 1989;106(5):829-35.
7. Araki CT, Back TL, Padberg FT, Thompson PN, Jamil Z, Lee BC, Duran WN, Hobson RW, 2nd. The significance of calf muscle pump function in venous ulceration. J Vasc Surg. 1994;20(6):872-7; discussion 8-9.
8. Dix FP BR, McCollum CN. Venous Disease is associated with an impaired range of ankle movement. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2003;25(6):556-61.
9. Back TL PF, Araki CT, Thompson PN, Hbson RW. Limited Range of motion is a significant factor in venous ulceration. J Vasc Surg. 1995;22(5):519-23.
10. Margolis DJ, Berlin JA, Strom BL. Risk factors associated with the failure of a venous leg ulcer to heal. Arch Dermatol. 1999;135(8):920-6.
11. Nicolaides AN, Hussein MK, Szendro G, Christopoulos D, Vasdekis S, Clarke H. The relation of venous ulceration with ambulatory venous pressure measurements. J Vasc Surg. 1993;17(2):414-9.
12. Partsch H. Understanding the pathophysiological effects of compression. In: Understanding Compression Therapy. European Wound Management Association (EWMA) position document. MEP Ltd., London, 2003:2-4.
13. Beidler SK DC, Berndt DF, Keagy BA, Rich PB, Marston WA. Inflammatory cytokine levels in chronic venous insufficiency ulcer tissue before and after compression therapy. J Vasc Surg. 2009;49(4):1013-20.
14. Cullum N, Nelson EA, Fletcher AW, Sheldon TA. Compression for venous leg ulcers. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2001(2):CD000265.
15. Dowsett C, Scanlon L. Compression bandaging and the clinical governance agenda. Br J Com Nurs. 2001;6(9):S17-S21.
16. Marston W, Vowden K. Compression therapy: a guide to safe practice. In: Understanding Compression Therapy. European Wound Management Association (EWMA) position document. MEP Ltd., London, 2003:2-4.
17. Thomas K. Compression bandaging in the treatment of venous leg ulcers. World Wide Wounds. 1997.
18. Clark M. Compression bandages: principles and definitions. In: Understanding Compression Therapy. European Wound Management Association (EWMA) position document. MEP Ltd., London, 2003:5-7.
19. Hampton S. Venous leg ulcers: short stretch compression therapy. Br J Nurs. 1997;6(17):990-8.
20. Top S, Arveschang AA, Fogh K. Do short-stretch bandages affect distal blood pressure in patients with mixed aetiology leg ulcers? J Wound Care. 2009;18(10):439-42.
21. Lentner A SF, Wienert V. Limitation of movement in the ankle and talo-calcaneonavicular joints caused by compression bandages. Phlebology. 1997;12:25-30.
22. Lindsay J MJ, Hampton S. Short Stretch compression bandage and the foot pump: their relationship to restricted mobility. J Wound Care. 2003;12(5):185-8.
23. Trent JT, Falabella A, Eaglstein WH, Kirsner RS. Venous ulcers: pathophysiology and treatment options. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2005;51(5):38-54; quiz 5-6.
24. Cornwall JV. Treating leg ulcers. J District Nursing. 1985:4(4):4-6,11.
25. Jones JE, Nelson EA. Compression hosiery in the management of venous leg ulcers. J Wound Care. 1998;7(6):293-6.
26. Castonguay G. Short-stretch or four-layer compression bandages: an overview of the literature. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2008;54(3):50-5.