Exploring The Potential Of Gene Therapy For Patients With Diabetes
- Volume 22 - Issue 2 - February 2009
- 8438 reads
- 0 comments
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. www.cdc.gov/media/pressrel/2008/r080624.htm.
2. Rogers LC, Lavery LA, Armstrong DG. The right to bear legs – an amendment to healthcare: How preventing amputations can save billions for the US health-care system. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 2008:98;3-5
3. Galiano RD, Tepper OM, Pelo CR, Bhatt KA, Callaghan M, Bastidas N, Bunting S, Steinmetz HG, Gurtner GC. Topical vascular endothelial growth factor accelerates diabetic wound healing through increased angiogenesis and by mobilizing and recruiting bone marrow-derived cells. Am J Pathol 2004:164;1935-47
4. Martin P, Hopkinson-Woolley J, McClusky J. Growth factors and cutaneous wound repair. Prog Growth Factor Res 1992;4:25-44
5. Sharma A, Singh AK, Warren J, Thangapazham RL, Maheshwari RK. Differential regulation of angiogenic genes in diabetic wound healing. J Invest Dermatol 2006;126:2323-31
6. Badillo AT, Chung S, Zhang L, Zoltick P, Liechty KW. Lentiviral gene transfer of SDF-1alpha to wounds improves diabetic wound healing. J Surg Res 2007;143:35-42
7. Brown DL, Kane CD, Chernausek SD, Greenhalgh DG. Differential expression and localization of insulin-like growth factors I and II in cutaneous wounds of diabetic and nondiabetic mice. Am J Pathol 1997;151:715-24
8. Buitrago W, Roop D. Cutaneous Gene Therapy for Skin and Systemic Disorders. In: Templeton N (ed.) Gene and Cell Therapy: Therapeutic Mechanisms and Strategies, second edition. Marcel Dekker, New York, NY; 2003; pp. 657-673
9. Keswani SG, Katz AB, Lim FY, Zoltick P, Radu A, Alaee D, Herlyn M, Crombleholme TM. Adenoviral mediated gene transfer of PDGF-B enhances wound healing in type I and type II diabetic wounds. Wound Repair Regen 2004;12:497-504
10. Howard Hughes Medical Institute. Glossary. Definition of gene therapy retrieved at: http://www.hhmi.org/genetictrail/glossary.html On July 1st, 2008.
11. Colavito MC. Gene Therapy. Benjamin Cummings Publishing, San Francisco, CA: 2007.
12. Herweijer, H, Harding C, Hagstrom J, Wolff J. Biological Aspects of Disease, Contribution From Animal Models. Hardwood Academic Publishers, Newark, NJ: 2007
13. Sussman M. Gene Therapy and Cellular Therapy in Cardiac Repair. In: (Leri A, Anversa P, Frishman W, eds.) Cardiovascular Regeneration and Stem Cell Therapy. Blackwell Publishing, Ltd, Malden, MA: 2007
14. Paschen A, Schadendorf D, Weiss S. Bacteria as Vectors for Gene Therapy of Cancer. In: Templeton N (ed.) Gene and Cell Therapy: Therapeutic Mechanisms and Strategies, second edition. Marcel Dekker, New York, NY, 2004, pp. 199-209
15. Clinical trials listed on www.clinicaltrials.gov on July 28, 2008