Essential Keys To A Pre-Op Biomechanical Evaluation
1. Evans AM. The flat-footed child -- to treat or not to treat: what is the clinician to do? J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2008; 98(5):386-393.
2. Giannini S, Ceccarelli F, Benedetti MG, Catani F, Faldini C. Surgical treatment of flexible flatfoot in children : a four-year follow-up study. J Bone Joint Surg. 2001; 83A(Suppl2):S73-79.
3. Fuller EA. Center of pressure and its theoretical relationship to foot pathology. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1999; 89(6):278-291.
4. Mueller MJ, Maluf KS. Tissue adaptation to physical stress: a proposed “Physical Stress Theory” to guide physical therapist practice, education, and research. Physical Therapy. 2002; 82(4):383-403.
5. Lilletvedt J, Kreighbaum E, Phillips RL. Analysis of selected alignment of the lower extremity related to the shin splint syndrome. J Am Podiatr Assoc. 1979; 69(3):211-217.
6. Kernozek TW, Elfessi A, Sterriker S. Clinical and biomechanical risk factors of patients diagnosed with hallux valgus. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2003; 93(2):97-103.
7. Mahar SM, Livingston LA. Bilateral measurement of resting calcaneal stance position and tibial varum using digital photography and standardized positioning protocols. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1999; 99(3):198-205.
8. Lamm BM, Mendicino RW, Catanzariti AR, Hillstrom HJ. Static rearfoot alignment: a comparison of clinical and radiographic measures. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005; 95(1):26-33.
9. Desai SS, Shetty GM, Song HR, Lee SH, Kim TY, Hur CY. Effect of foot deformity on conventional mechanical axis deviation and ground mechanical axis deviation during single leg stance and two leg stance in genu varum. Knee. 2007; 14(6):452-7.
10. Youberg LD, Cornwall MW, McPoil TG, Hannon PR. The amount of rearfoot motion used during the stance phase of walking. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005; 95(4):376-82.
11. Phillips RD, Lidtke RH. Clinical determination of the linear equation for the subtalar joint axis. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1992; 82(1): -20.
12. Mendicino RW, Catanzariti AR, John S, Child B, Lamm BM. Long leg calcaneal axial and hindfoot alignment radiographic views for frontal plane assessment. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2008; 98(1):75-78.
13. Catanzariti AR, Mendicino RW, King GL, Neerings B. Double calcaneal osteotomy: realignment considerations in eight patients. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2005; 95(1):53-59.
14. Close JR. Functional Anatomy of the Extremities. Some electronic and kinematic methods of study. Thomas, Springfield, Ill., 1973.
15. Kirby KA. Rotational equilibrium across the subtalar joint axis. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1989; 79(1):1-14.
16. Freychat P, Belli A, Carret JP, Lacour JR. Relationship between rearfoot and forefoot orientation and ground reaction forces during running. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 1996; 28(2):225-232.
17. Johanson MA, Greenfeld L, Hung C, Walters R, Watson C. The relationship between forefoot and rearfoot static alignment in pain-free individuals with above-average forefoot varus angles. Foot Ankle Spec. 2010; 3(3):112-116.
18. Kannus VP. Evaluation of abnormal biomechanics of the foot and ankle in athletes. Br J Sports Med. 1992; 26(2):83-89.
19. Green DR, Whitney AK, Walters P. Subtalar joint motion: a simplified view. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1979; 69(1):83-91.
20. Stevenson MR. A study of the correlation between neutral calcaneal stance position and relaxed calcaneal stance position in the development of hallux abducto valgus. Australian Podiatrist. 1990; 24(2):18–20.
21. Habbu R, Holthusen SM, Anderson JG, Bohay DR. Operative correction of arch collapse with forefoot deformity: a retrospective analysis of outcomes. Foot Ankle Int. 2011; 32(8):764-773.
22. Scherer PR, Sanders J, Eldredge DE, Duffy SJ, Lee RY. Effect of functional foot orthoses on first metatarsophalangeal joint dorsiflexion in stance and gait. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2006; 96(6):474-481.
23. Glasoe WM, Yack HJ, Saltzman CL. Anatomy and biomechanics of the first ray. Physical Therapy. 1999; 79(9):854-859.
24. Lee KT, Young K. Measurement of first-ray mobility in normal vs. hallux valgus patients. Foot Ankle Int. 2001; 22(12):960-964.