Emphasizing Proactive Gait Assessment In Patients With Diabetes
- Volume 24 - Issue 4 - April 2011
- 11729 reads
- 0 comments
16. Bacarin TA, Sacco IC, Hennig EM. Plantar pressure distribution patterns during gait in diabetic neuropathy patients with a history of foot ulcers. Clinics (Sao Paulo). 2009;64(2):113-20.
17. Bell D. Evidence-based rationale for offloading treatment modalities. Surg Techol Int. 2008;17:113-7.
18. Dananberg H. Gait style as an etiology to chronic postural pain. Part II: postural compensatory process. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1993;83(11):615-24.
19. Dananberg H. Sagittal plane biomechanics. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 2000;90(1): 47-50.
20. Lavery LA, Armstrong DG, Vela SA, Quebedeaux TL, Fleischli JG. Practical criteria for screening patients at high risk for diabetic foot ulceration. Arch Intern Med. 1998;158(2):157-162.
21. Lott DJ, Zou D, Mueller MJ. Pressure gradient and subsurface shear stress on the neuropathic forefoot. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2008;23(3):342-8.
22. Quandt SA, Stafford JM, Bell RA, et al. Predictors of falls in a multiethnic population of older rural adults with diabetes. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2006:61(4):394-398.
23. Santos A, Bertato F, Montebelo M, Guirro E. Effect of proprioceptive training among diabetic women. Rev Bras Fisioter. 2008;12(3):183-7.
24. Sawacha Z, Gabriella G, Cristoferi G, Guiotto A, Avogaro A, Cobelli C. Diabetic gait and posture abnormalities: a biomechanical investigation through three dimensional gait analysis. Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon). 2009;24(9):722-8.
25. Stacpoole-Shea S, Shea G, Lavery L. An examination of plantar pressure measurements to identify the location of diabetic forefoot ulceration. J Foot Ankle Surg. 1999;38(2):109-15.
26. Thies SB, Richardson JK, Ashton-Miller JA. Effects of surface irregularity and lighting on step variability during gait: a study in healthy young and older women. Gait Posture. 2005;22(1):26-31.
27. Thies SB, Richardson JK, Demott T, Ashton-Miller JA. Influence of an irregular surface and low light on the step variability of patients with peripheral neuropathy during level gait. Gait Posture. 2005;22(1):40-45.
28. Van Schie CH. A review of the biomechanics of the diabetic foot. Int J Low Extrem Wounds. 2005;4(3):160-70.
29. Volpato S, Leveille SG, Blaum C, et al: Risk factors for falls in older disabled women with diabetes: the women’s health and aging study. J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci. 2005;60(12):1539-1545.
30. Winter DA. Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society. Proceedings of the Annual International Conference of the IEEE. Nov. 4-7, 1988; 2:612-613.