Emerging Evidence On Footstrike Patterns In Running
- Volume 27 - Issue 6 - June 2014
- 7791 reads
- 11 comments
26. Miller RH, Russell EM, Gruber AH, Hamill J. Foot-strike pattern selection to minimize muscle energy expenditure during running: a computer simulation study. Proc American Society of Biomechanics Annual Meeting, State College, PA, 2009. Available at: www.asbweb.org/conferences/2009/922.pdf .
27. Gruber AH, Umberger BR, Braun B, Hamill J. Economy and rate of carbohydrate oxidation during running with rearfoot and forefoot strike patterns. J Appl Physiol. 2013;115(2):194 –201.
28. Ogueta-Alday A, Rodríguez-Marroyo JA, García-López J. Rearfoot striking runners are more economical than midfoot strikers. Med. Sci. Sports Exerc. 2014;46(3):580–585.
29. Diebal AR, Gregory R, Alitz C, Gerber JP. Effects of forefoot running on chronic exertional compartment syndrome: a case series. Int J Sports Phys Ther. 2011;6(4):312-21.
30. Diebal AR, Gregory R, Alitz C, Gerber JP. Forefoot running improves pain and disability associated with chronic exertional compartment syndrome. Am J Sports Med. 2012;40(5):1060-1067.