Current Concepts In Surgery For Adult-Acquired Flatfoot
- Volume 25 - Issue 10 - October 2012
- 15445 reads
- 0 comments
1. Johnson KA, Strom DE. Tibialis posterior tendon dysfunction. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1989; 239:196–206.
2. Myerson MS. Adult-acquired flatfoot deformity: treatment of dysfunction of the posterior tibial tendon. Instr Course Lect. 1997; 46:393–405
3. Lee MS, Vanore JV, Thomas JL, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of adult acquired flatfoot. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2005; 44(2):78–113.
4. Haddad SL, Myerson MS, Younger A, et al. Symposium: Adult acquired flatfoot deformity. Foot Ankle Int. 2011; 32(1):95–111.
5. Trnka HJ, Easley ME, Myerson MS. The role of calcaneal osteotomies for correction of adult flatfoot. Clin Orthop Relat Res. 1999; 365:50-64.
6. Hartog BD. Flexor digitorum longus transfer with medial displacement calcaneal osteotomy: Biomechanical rationale. Foot Ankle Clin. 2001; 6(1):67–76.
7. Giza E, Cush G, Schon LC. The flexible flatfoot in the adult. Foot Ankle Clin. 2007; 12(2):251–271.
8. Vora AM, Tien TR, Parks BG, et al. Correction of moderate and severe acquired flexible flatfoot with medializing calcaneal osteotomy and flexor digitorum longus transfer. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2006; 88(8):1726–1734.
9. Bolt PM, Coy S, Toolan BC. A comparison of lateral column lengthening and medial translational osteotomy of the calcaneus for the reconstruction of adult acquired flatfoot. Foot Ankle Int. 2007; 28(11):1115–1123.
10. Sung IL, Lee S, Otis JC, et al. Posterior tibial tendon force requirements in early heel rise after calcaneal osteotomies. Foot Ankle Int. 2002; 23(9):842–849.
11. Mosca VS. Calcaneal lengthening for valgus deformity of the hindfoot. Results in children who had severe, symptomatic flatfoot and skewfoot. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1995; 77(4):500–512.
12. DuMontier TA, Falicov A, Mosca V, et al. Calcaneal lengthening: Investigation of deformity correction in a cadaver flatfoot model. Foot Ankle Int. 2005; 26(2):166–170.
13. Toolan BC, Sangeorzan BJ, Hansen ST Jr. Complex reconstruction for the treatment of dorsolateral peritalar subluxation of the foot. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1999; 81(11):1545–1560.
14. Hintermann B, Valderrabano V, Kundert HP. Lengthening of the lateral column and reconstruction of the medial soft tissue for treatment of acquired flatfoot deformity associated with insufficiency of the posterior tibial tendon. Foot Ankle Int. 1999; 20(10):622-629.
15. Momberger N, Morgan JM, Bachus KN, et al. Calcaneocuboid joint pressure after lateral column lengthening in a cadaveric planovalgus deformity model. Foot Ankle Int. 2000; 21(9):730–735.
16. Moseir-LaClair S, Pomeroy G, Manoli A 2nd. Intermediate follow-up on the double osteotomy and tendon transfer procedure for stage II posterior tibial tendon insufficiency. Foot Ankle Int. 2001; 22(4):283–291.
17. Conti SF, Wong YS. Osteolysis of structural autograft after calcaneocuboid distraction arthrodesis for stage II posterior tibial tendon dysfunction. Foot Ankle Int. 2002; 23(6):521–529.
18. Thomas RL, Wells BC, Garrison RL, et al. Preliminary results comparing two methods of lateral column lengthening. Foot Ankle Int. 2001; 22(2):107–119.
19. Haeseker GA, Mureau MA, Faber F. Lateral column lengthening for acquired adult flatfoot deformity caused by posterior tibial tendon dysfunction stage II. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2010; 49(4):380–384.
20. Mahan KT, Hillstrom HJ. Bone grafting in foot and ankle surgery. A review of 300 cases. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1998; 88(3):109–118.
21. Dolan CM, Henning JA, Anderson JG, et al. Randomized prospective study comparing tri-cortical iliac crest autograft to allograft in the lateral column lengthening component for operative correction of adult acquired flatfoot deformity. Foot Ankle Int. 2007; 28(1):8–12.
22. John S, Child BJ, Hix J, et al. A retrospective analysis of anterior calcaneal osteotomy with allogenic bone graft. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2010; 49(4):375–379.
23. Grier KM, Walling AK. The use of tricortical autograft versus allograft in lateral column lengthening for adult acquired flatfoot deformity. Foot Ankle Int. 2010; 31(9):760–769.