Current Concepts In Managing Chronic Gout
- Volume 26 - Issue 6 - June 2013
- 5809 reads
- 4 comments
1. Li-Yu J, Clayburne G, Sieck M, et al. Treatment of chronic gout. Can we determine when urate stores are depleted enough to prevent attacks of gout? J Rheumatol. 2001; 28(3):577-80.
2. Perez-Ruiz F, Calabozo M, Fernandez-Lopez MJ, et al. Treatment of chronic gout in patients with renal function impairment: an open, randomized actively controlled study. J Clin Rheumatol. 1999; 5(2):49-55.
3. Neogi T. Clinical practice: gout. New England J Med. 2011; 364(5):443-52.
4. Terkeltaub R. Update on gout: new therapeutic strategies and options. Nature Reviews Rheumatology 2010; 6(1):30-8.
5. Zhang W, Doherty M, Bardin T, et al. EULAR evidence based recommendations for gout. Part II: Management. Report of a task force of the EULAR Standing Committee for International Clinical Studies Including Therapeutics (ESCISIT). Ann Rheum Dis. 2006; 65(10):1312-24.
6. Khanna, Dinesh et al. American College of Rheumatology guidelines for management of gout, part 1 & 2. Arthritis Care Research. 2012; 64(10): 1431-1461.
7. Jordan KM, Cameron JS, Snaith M, et al. British Society for Rheumatology and British Health Professionals in Rheumatology guideline for the management of gout. Rheumatology. 2007; 46(8):1372-4.
8. Perez-Ruiz F, Calabozo M, Pijoan JI, Herrero-Beites AM, Ruibal A. Effect of urate-lowering therapy on the velocity of size reduction of tophi in chronic gout. Arthritis Rheum. 2002; 47(4):356-60.
9. Singh JA, Reddy SG, Kundudkulam J. Risk factors for gout and prevention: a systematic review of the literature. Curr Opin Rheumatol. 2011; 23(2):192-202.
10. Zhang Y, Woods R, Chaisson CE, Neogi T, Niu J, McAlindon TE, et al. Alcohol consumption as a trigger of recurrent gout attacks. Am J Med 2006; 119(9):800.e13-8.
11. Choi HK, Atkinson K, Karlson EW, Curhan G. Obesity, weight change, hypertension, diuretic use, and risk of gout in men: the healthcare professionals follow-up study. Arch Int Med. 2005; 165(7):742-8.
12. Becker MA, Schumacher HR, Espinoza LR, Wells AF, McDonals P, Loyd E, et al. The urate lowering efficacy and safety of febuxostat in the treatment of hyperuricemia of gout: the CONFIRMS trial. Arthritis Res Ther 2010; 12(2):R63.
13. Sundy JS, Baraf HS, Yood RA, et al. Efficacy and tolerability of pegloticase for the treatment of chronic gout in patients refractory to conventional therapy. JAMA. 2011; 306(7):711-720.
For further reading, see “Recognizing And Treating Lower Extremity Gout” in the February 2012 issue of Podiatry Today.