Current Concepts With DVT Prophylaxis
- Volume 25 - Issue 1 - January 2012
- 15074 reads
- 1 comments
1. Martin S, Hardy M. Venous thromboembolism prophylaxis in foot and ankle surgery: a literature review. Foot Ankle J. 2008; 1(5):4.
2. Haas SB, Barrack RL, Westrich G, Lachiewicz PF. Venous thromboembolic disease following hip and knee arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2008; 90-A(12):2764-80.
3. Mayle RE, DiGiovanni CW, et al. Current concepts review: venous thromboembolic disease in foot and ankle surgery. Foot Ankle Int. 2007. 28(11):1207-16.
4. Healy B, Beasley R, Weatherall M. Venous thromboembolism following prolonged cast immobilisation for injury to the tendo Achilles. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2010; 92(5):646-50.
5. Radl R, Kastner N, Aigner C, et al. Venous thrombosis after hallux valgus surgery. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2003; 85-A(7):1204-08.
6. Patel A, Ogawa B, Charlton R, Thodarson D. Incidence of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism after Achilles tendon rupture. Clin Orthop Rel Res. 2011 Nov. 2 (epub ahead of print).
7. Jameson SS, Augustine A, James P, et al. Venous thromboembolic events following foot and ankle surgery in the English National Health Service. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011; 93-B(4):490-7.
8. Lim W, Wu C. Balancing the risks and benefits of thromboprophylaxis in patients undergoing podiatric surgery. Chest, 2009; 135(4):888-890.
9. Khatod M, Inacio MC, Bini SA, Paxton EW. Prophylaxis against pulmonary embolism in patients undergoing total hip arthroplasty. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2011; 93-A(19):1767-72.
10. Salvati, Sharrock, et al. Three decades of clinical, basic, and applied research on thromboembolic disease after THA. Clin Orthop Rel Res. 2007; 459:246-254.