Current And Emerging Modalities In Wound Debridement
- Volume 26 - Issue 8 - August 2013
- 8950 reads
- 0 comments
1. European Wound Management Association Document: Debridement. Available at http://ewma.org/english/ewma-news/show/article/ewma-document-on-debridem.... Published Jan. 8, 2013. Accessed July 9, 2013.
2. Armstrong DG, Mulder G, Seaman S. Standard, appropriate, and advanced care and medical-legal considerations: part one - diabetic foot ulcerations. Wounds. 2003; 15(4):92-106.
3. Percival SL, Bowler P, Woods EJ. Assessing the effect of antimicrobial wound dressings on biofilms. Wound Repair Regen. 2008; 16(1):52-57.
4. Falanga V, Harding KG (eds.). The Clinical Relevance of Wound Bed Preparation. Springer Verlag, New York, 2002.
5. Ayello E, Cuddigan J, Kerstein MD. Skip the knife: debriding wounds without surgery. Nursing. 2002; 32(9):58-63.
6. Steed DL, Donohoe D, Webster MW, Lindsley L. Effect of extensive debridement and treatment on healing of diabetic foot ulcers. Diabetic Ulcer Study Group. J Am Coll Surg. 1996; 183(1):61-4.
7. Williams D, Enoch S, Miller D, et al. Effect of sharp debridement using curette on recalcitrant nonhealing venous leg ulcers: a concurrently controlled, prospective cohort study. Wound Repair Regen. 2005; 13(2):131-7.
8. Tanic-Canic M. Should we debride wounds? Portal Education. Online lecture from the Diabetic Foot Global Conference, 2013.
9. Gray D, Acton C, Chadwick P, et al. Consensus guidance for the use of debridement techniques in the UK. Wounds UK. 2011; 7(1):77-84.
10. Kavos SJ, Liedl DL, Boon AJ, et al. Expedited wound healing with noncontact, low-frequency ultrasound therapy in chronic wounds: a retrospective analysis. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2008; 21(9):416-423.
11. Available at http://www.celleration.com/mist-therapy/ .
12. Andros G, Armstrong DG, et al. Consensus statement on negative pressure wound therapy (V.A.C.® Therapy) for the management of diabetic foot wounds. Ostomy Wound Manage. 2006; 52(Suppl):1-32.
13. Wang CJ, Kuo YR, Wu RW, et al. Extracorporeal shockwave treatment for chronic diabetic foot ulcers. J Surg Res. 2009; 152(1):96-103.
For further reading, see “Pertinent Insights On Effective Debridement Tools” in the September 2011 issue of Podiatry Today or “Current Concepts In Wound Debridement” in the July 2009 issue.