Current And Emerging Insights On Hammertoe Correction
- Volume 25 - Issue 2 - February 2012
- 34103 reads
- 4 comments
1. Coughlin MJ. Operative repair of the mallet toe deformity. Foot Ankle Int. 1995; 16(3):109-116.
2. Harmonson J, Harkless L. Operative procedures for the correction of hammertoe, claw toe, and mallet toe. Clin Podiatric Med Surg. 1996; 13(2):211-220.
3. Coughlin MJ, Mann RA, Saltzman CL. Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, Eighth Edition. Mosby, Philadelphia, 2007, pp. 389–390.
4. Alvine FG, Garvin KL. Peg and dowel fusion of the proximal interphalangeal joint. Foot Ankle. 1980; 1(2):90–94.
5. Taylor RG. An operative procedure for the treatment of hammertoe and claw-toe. J Bone Joint Surg. 1940; 22:607-609.
6. Zingas C, Katcherian DA, Wu KK. Kirschner wire breakage after surgery of the lesser toes. Foot Ankle Int. 1995; 16(8):504-509.
7. Reese AT, Stone NH, Young AB. Toe fusion using Kirschner wire: A study of the postoperative infection rate and related problems. JR Coll Surg Edinb. 1987; 32:158–163.
8. Caterini R, Farsetti P, Tarantino U, Potenza V, Ippolito E. Arthrodesis of the toe joints with an intramedullary cannulated screw for correction of hammertoe deformity. Foot Ankle Int. 2004; 25(4):256–261.
9. Roukis TS. A 1-piece shape-metal Nitinol intramedullary internal fixation device for arthrodesis of the proximal interphalangeal joint in neuropathic patients with Diabetes. Foot Ankle Spec. 2009; 2(3):130–134.
10. Ellington JK, Anderson RB, Davis WH, Cohen BE, Jones CP. Radiographic analysis of proximal interphalangeal joint arthrodesis with an intramedullary fusion device for lesser toe deformities. Foot Ankle Int. 2010; 31(5):372–376.
11. Konkel KF, Menger AG, Retzlaff SA. Hammer toe correction using an absorbable intramedullary pin. Foot Ankle Int. 2007; 28(8):916–920.
For further reading, see “Minimizing The Risk Of Failed Hammertoe Surgery” in the December 2010 issue of Podiatry Today.