Could Efinaconazole 10% Have An Impact For Onychomycosis?
- Volume 26 - Issue 2 - February 2013
- 10529 reads
- 0 comments
1. Scher RK, Coppa LM. Advances in the diagnosis and treatment of onychomycosis. Hosp Med 1998;34:11-20.
2. Ghannoum MA, Hajjeh RA, Scher R et al. A large-scale North American study of fungal isolates from nails: the frequency of onychomycosis, fungal distribution, and antifungal susceptibility patterns. J Am Acad Dermatol 2000;43 (4):641-648.
3. Mozena J. A guide to treatments for onychomycosis. Podiatry Today 2003;16(8);61-67.
4. Sciandra J. A closer look at onychomycosis. Podiatry Management. 2001;20(6):121-132.
5. Schein JR, Gouse D, Stier DM, et al. Onychomycosis: baseline results of an observational study. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. 1997;87(11):512-519.
6. Baran R, Sigurgeirsson B, de Berker D et al. A multicentre, randomized, controlled study of the efficacy, safety and cost-effectiveness of a combination therapy with amorolfine nail lacquer and oral terbinafine compared with oral terbinafine alone for the treatment of onychomycosis with matrix involvement. Br J Dermatol 2007; 157(1): 149–157.
7. (No authors listed). Fungal nail infections: diagnosis and management (editorial). Prescrire Int 2009;18(99): 26–30.
8. de Berker D. Fungal nail disease. N Engl J Med 2009;360(3):2108 –16.
9. Piraccini BM, Sisti A, Tosti A. Long-term follow-up of toenail onychomycosis caused by dermatophytes after successful treatment with systemic antifungal agents. J Am Acad Dermatol 2010;62(3):411–414.
10. Sparavigna A, Setaro M, Frisenda L. Physical and microbiological properties of a new nail protective medical device. J Plastic Dermatol 2008;4:5-12.
11. Elewski BE, Rich P, Pollak R, Pariser DM, et.al. Efinaconazole 10% solution in the treatment of toenail onychomycosis: two phase 3 multicenter, randomized, double-blind studies. J Am Acad Dermatol. http://www.jaad.org/article/S0190-9622%2812%2901140-1/fulltext. Published online November 22, 2012. Accessed January 21, 2013.
12. De Cuyper C, Hindryckx PH. Long-term outcomes in the treatment of toenail onychomycosis. Br J Dermatol 1999;141(Suppl 56):15–20.
13. Werschler WP, Bondar G, Armstrong D. Assessing treatment outcomes in toenail onychomycosis clinical trials. Am J Clin Dermatol 2004; 5(3):145–152.
14. Elewski BE, Ghannoum MA, Mayser P, Gupta AK, et al. Efficacy, safety and tolerability of topical terbinafine nail solution in patients with mild-to-moderate toenail onychomycosis: results from three randomized studies using double-blind vehicle-controlled and open-label active-controlled designs. J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1468-3083.2011.04373.x/full . Published online December 20, 2011. Accessed January 21, 2013.