Conservative Care For Mid-Portion Achilles Tendinopathy
25. Alfredson H, Forsgren S, Thorsen K, Lorentzon R. In vivo microdialysis and immunohistochemical analyses of tendon tissue demonstrated high amount of free glutamate and glutamate NMDAR1 receptors, but no signs of inflammation, in Jumper’s knee. J Orthop Res 2001; 19(5):881-6.
26. Bjur D, Alfredson H, Forsgren S. The innervation pattern of the human Achilles tendon studies on the normal and tendinosis tendon using markers for general, sensory and sympathetic innervations. Cell Tiss Res 2005; 320(1):201-6.
27. Forsgren S, Danielson P, Alfredson H. Vascular NK-1R receptor occurrence in normal and chronic painful Achilles and patellar tendons. Studies on chemically unfixed as well as fixed specimens. Regul Pept 2005; 126(3):17-81.
28. Cook JL, Khan KM, Purdham C. Achilles tendinopathy. Manual Therapy 2002; 7(3):121-30.
29. Robinson JM, Cook JL, Purdam C, Visentini PJ, Ross J, Maffulli N, et al. The VISA-A questionnaire: a valid and reliable index of the clinical severity of Achilles tendinopathy. Br J Sports Med 2001; 35(5):335-41.
30. Ohberg L, Lorentzon R, Alfredson H. Neovascularisation in Achilles tendons with painful tendinosis but not in normal tendons: an ultrasonographic investigation. Knee Surg, Sports Traumatol, Arthrosc 2001; 9(4):233-8.
31. Lind B, Ohberg L, Alfredson H. Sclerosing polidocanol injections in mid-portion Achilles tendinosis: remaining good clinical results and decreased tendon thickness at 2-year follow-up. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 2006; 14(12):1327–32.
32. Ohberg L, Alfredson. Effects on neovascularisation behind the good results with eccentric training in chronic mid-portion Achilles tendinosis? Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 2004; 12(5):465-70.
33. Zeisig E, Fahlström M, Ohberg L, et al. A two-year sonographic follow-up after intratendinous injection therapy in patients with tennis elbow. Br J Sports Med 2010; 44(8):584-7.
34. Khan KM, Forster BB, Robinson J, et al. Are ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging of value in assessment of Achilles tendon disorders? A two-year prospective study. Br J Sports Med 2003; 37(2):149-54.
35. Curwin S, Stanish WD. Tendinitis: its etiology and treatment. Lexington: Collamore Press, 1984.
36. Paoloni J, Appleyard R, Nelson J, et al. Topical glyceryl trinitrate treatment of chronic noninsertional Achilles tendinopathy. J Bone Joint Surg 2004; 86A(5):916-21.
37. Paoloni J, Murrell GC. Three-year follow-up study of topical glyceryl trinitrate treatment of chronic noninsertional Achilles tendinopathy. Foot Ankle Intv 2007; 28(10):1064-8.
38. Kane TPC, Ismail M, Calder JDF. Topical glyceryl trinitrate and noninsertional Achilles tendinopathy: A clinical and cellular investigation. Am J Sports Med 2008; 36(6):1160-3.
39. Alfredson H, Ohberg L. Sclerosing injections to areas of neovascularisation reduce pain in chronic Achilles tendinopathy: A double-blind randomized controlled trial. Knee Surg Sports Traumatol Arthrosc 2005; 13(4):338-44.
40. Ohberg L, Alfredson H. Ultrasound guided sclerosis of neovessels in painful chronic Achilles tendinosis: Pilot study of a new treatment. Br J Sports Med 2002; 36(3):173-7.
41. Yelland MJ, Sweeting KR, Lyftogt JA, et al. Prolotherapy injections and eccentric loading exercises for painful Achilles tendinosis: A randomised trial. Br J Sports Med Epub 2010 July 6.
42. Maxwell NJ, Ryan MB, Taunton JE, et al. Sonographically guided intratendinous injection of hyperosmolar dextrose to treat chronic tendinosis of the Achilles tendon: A pilot study. Am J Roentgenol 2007; 189(4):W215-20.
43. Ryan MB, Wong A, Taunton JE. Favorable outcomes after sonographically guided intratendinous injection of hyperosmolar dextrose for chronic insertional and midportion Achilles tendinosis. Am J Roentgenol 2010; 194:1047-53.
44. Connell D, Ali K, Ahmad M, et al. Ultrasound-guided autologous blood injection for tennis elbow. Skeletal Radiol 2006; 35(6):371-7.
45. James SL, Ali K, Pocock C, et al. Ultrasound guided dry needling and autologous blood injection for patellar tendinosis. Br J Sports Med 2007; 41(8):518-21.