A Closer Look At Foot Orthoses For Chronic Ankle Instability
- Volume 26 - Issue 5 - May 2013
- 10062 reads
- 0 comments
26. Schmidt H, Sauer LD, Lee SY, Saliba S, Hertel J. Increased in-shoe lateral plantar pressures with chronic ankle instability. Foot Ankle Int. 2011; 32(11):1075-80.
27. Liang-Ching T, Yu B, Mercer VS, Gross MT. Comparison of different structural foot types for measures of standing postural control. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2006; 36(12):942-953.
28. Hertel J, Gay MR, Denegar CR. Differences in postural control during single-leg stance among healthy individuals with different foot types. J Ath Train. 2002; 37(2):129-132.
29. Richie Jr DH. Effects of foot orthoses on patients with chronic ankle instability. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc 2007; 97(1):19–30.
30. Ki SW, Leung AK, Li AN. Comparison of plantar pressure distribution patterns between foot orthoses provided by the CAD-CAM and foam impression methods. Prosthet Orthot Int. 2008; 32(3):356-362.
31. Nester CJ, van der Linden ML, Bowker P. Effect of foot orthoses on the kinematics and kinetics of normal walking gait. Gait Posture. 2003; 17(2):180-7.
32. Kakihana W, Akai M, Yamasaki N, et al. Changes of joint moments in the gait of normal subjects wearing lateral wedged insoles. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2004; 83(4):273-278.
33. Kakihana W, Torii S, Akai M, et al. Effect of a lateral wedge on joint moments during gait in subjects with recurrent ankle sprain. Am J Phys Med Rehabil. 2005; 84(11):858-864.
Editor’s note: For related articles, see “Chronic Ankle Instability: Can Orthotics Help?” in the October 2006 issue of Podiatry Today, “Can Orthoses And Insoles Have An Impact On Postural Stability?” in the October 2010 issue or “Can Foot Orthoses Help Improve Postural Control?” in the May 2007 issue.