A Closer Look At Foot Orthoses For Chronic Ankle Instability
- Volume 26 - Issue 5 - May 2013
- 12520 reads
- 0 comments
1. Hootman J, Dick R, Angel J. Epidemiology of collegiate injuries for 15 sports: summary and recommendations for injury prevention initiatives. J Athl Train 2007; 42(2):311-319.
2. Yeung MS, Chan KM, So CH, Yuan WY. An epidemiological survey on ankle sprain. Br J Sports Med. 1994; 28(2):112–116.
3. Hubbard TJ, Hicks-Little CA. Ankle ligament healing after an acute ankle sprain: evidence-based approach. J Athl Train. 2008; 43(5):523-9.
4. Hiller CE, Kilbreath SL, Kathryn M. Refshauge KM. Chronic ankle instability: evolution of the model. J Ath Train 2011; 46(2):133–141.
5. Harrington KD. Degenerative arthritis of the ankle secondary to longstanding lateral ligament instability. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1979; 61(3):354–361.
6. Verhagen RA, de Keizer G, van Dijk CN. Long-term follow-up of inversion trauma of the ankle. Arch Orthop Traum Surg. 1995; 114(2):92–96.
7. Hertel J. Functional anatomy, pathomechanics, and pathophysiology of lateral ankle instability. J Athl Train. 2002; 37(4):364–375.
8. Hubbard TJ, Kramer LC, Denegar CR, Hertel J. Contributing factors to chronic ankle instability. Foot Ankle Int. 2007;28(3):343–354.
9. Riemann BL. Is there a link between chronic ankle instability and postural instability? J Ath Train. 2002; 37(4):386–393.
10. Caulfield B, Crammond T, O’Sullivan A, Reynolds S, Ward T. Altered ankle muscle activation during jump landing in participants with functional instability of the ankle joint. J Sport Rehabil. 2004; 13(3):189–200.
11. Donovan L, Hertel J. A new paradigm for rehabilitation of patients with chronic ankle instability. Phys Sportsmed. 2012; 40(4):41-51.
12. Richie DH. Chronic ankle instability: can orthotics help? Podiatry Today. 2006; 19(10):48-57.
13. Richie DH. Functional instability of the ankle and role of neuromuscular control. Comprehensive review. J Foot Ankle Surg. 2003; 42(5):79-86.
14. Tropp H, Odenrick P. Postural control in single-limb stance. J Orthop Res. 1988; 6(6):833.
15. Guskiewicz KM, Perrin DH. Effect of orthotics on postural sway following inversion ankle sprain. JOSPT. 1996; 23(5):326-31.
16. Ochsendorf DT, Mattacola CG, Arnold BL. Effect of orthotics on postural sway after fatigue of the plantar flexors and dorsiflexors. J Ath Train. 2000; 35(1):26-30.
17. Hertel J, Denegar CR, Buckley WE, Sharkey NA, Stokes WL. Effect of rearfoot orthotics on postural sway after lateral ankle sprain. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2001; 82(7):1000-3.
18. Hertel J, Denegar CR, Buckley WE, Sharkey NA, Stokes WL. Effect of rearfoot orthotics on postural control in healthy subjects. J Sport Rehabil. 2001; 10:36-47.
19. Cobb SC, Tis LL, Johnson JT. The effect of 6 weeks of custom-molded foot orthosis intervention on postural stability in participants with greater than 7 degrees forefoot varus. Clin J Sports Med. 2006; 16(4):316-322.
20. Gross MT, Mercer VS, Lin FC. Effects of foot orthoses on balance in older adults. J Orthop Sports Phys Ther. 2012; 42(7):649-57
21. De Morais Barbosa C, Barros Bértolo M, Marques Neto JF, et al. The effect of foot orthoses on balance, foot pain and disability in elderly women with osteoporosis: a randomized clinical trial. Rheumatology (Oxford). 2013; 52(3):512-22.
22. Rome K, Richie DH, Hatton AL. Can orthoses and insoles have an impact on postural stability? Podiatry Today. 2010; 23(10):46-51.
23. McKeon PO, Stein AJ, Ingersoll CD, Hertel J. Altered plantar-receptor stimulation impairs postural control in those with chronic ankle instability. J Sport Rehabil. 2012; 21(1):1-6
24. Nawata K, Nishihara S, Hayashi I, Teshima R. Plantar pressure distribution during gait in athletes with functional instability of the ankle joint: preliminary report. J Orthop Sci. 2005; 10(3):298–301.
25. Nyska M, Shabat S, Simkin A, et al. Dynamic force distribution during level walking under the feet of patients with chronic ankle instability. Br J Sports Med. 2003; 37(6):495–497.