Can Community-Based Programs Help Prevent Lower Extremity Amputations?
- Volume 23 - Issue 7 - July 2010
- 7595 reads
- 0 comments
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2007 National Diabetes Fact Sheet 2007; Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/factsheet07
2. Armstrong DG, Wrobel J, Robbins JM. Guest editorial: are diabetes-related wounds and amputations worse than cancer? Int Wound J 2007; 4(4):286-7.
3. Fitzgerald RH, et al. The Diabetic Rapid Response Acute Foot Team: 7 essential skills for targeted limb salvage. Eplasty 2009; 9:138-145.
4. Baumeister S, et al. The role of plastic and reconstructive surgery within an interdisciplinary treatment concept for diabetic ulcers of the foot. Dtsch Med Wochenschr 2004; 129(13):676-80.
5. Attinger CE, et al. How to make a hospital-based wound center financially viable: the Georgetown University Hospital model. Gynecol Oncol 2008; 111(2 Suppl):S92-7.
6. Boulton AJ, et al. Comprehensive foot examination and risk assessment: a report of the task force of the foot care interest group of the American Diabetes Association, with endorsement by the American Association of Clinical Endocrinologists. Diabetes Care 2008; 31(8):1679-85.
7. Peters EJ, Armstrong DG, Lavery LA. Risk factors for recurrent diabetic foot ulcers: site matters. Diabetes Care 2007; 30(8):2077-9.
8. Armstrong DG, Lavery LA, Wunderlich RP. Risk factors for diabetic foot ulceration: a logical approach to treatment. J Wound Ostomy Continence Nurs 1998; 25(3):123-8.
9. Armstrong DG, et al. Choosing a practical screening instrument to identify patients at risk for diabetic foot ulceration. Arch Intern Med 1998; 158(3):289-92.
10. LEAP Program (Lower Extremity Amputation Prevention). Med Health RI 1998; 81(11):359-60.
11. Singh N, Armstrong DG, Lipsky BA. Preventing foot ulcers in patients with diabetes. Jama 2005; 293(2):217-28.
12. Delmas L. Best practice in the assessment and management of diabetic foot ulcers. Rehabil Nurs 2006; 31(6):228-34.
13. Bruckner M, et al. Project LEAP of New Jersey: lower extremity amputation prevention in persons with type 2 diabetes. Am J Manag Care 1999; 5(5):609-16.
14. Gendelman N, et al. Prevalence and correlates of depression in individuals with and without type 1 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2009; 32(4):575-9.
15. Boutoille D, et al. Quality of life with diabetes-associated foot complications: comparison between lower-limb amputation and chronic foot ulceration. Foot Ankle Int 2008; 29(11):1074-8.
16. Vachon GC, et al. Improving access to diabetes care in an inner-city, community-based outpatient health center with a monthly open-access, multistation group visit program. J Natl Med Assoc 2007; 99(12):1327-36.