Assessing The Use Of Ex-Fix For Offloading In Diabetic Limb Salvage
- Volume 25 - Issue 2 - February 2012
- 7273 reads
- 0 comments
1. Johnson BL, Glickman MH, Bandyk DF. Failure of foot salvage in patients with end-stage renal disease after surgical revasculariztion. J Vasc Surg. 1995;22(3):280-5.
2. Ikonen TS, Sund R, Venermo M, et al. Fewer major amputations among individuals with diabetes in Finland in 1997-2007: a population-based study. Diabetes Care. 2010;33(12):2598-2603.
3. Randon C, Vermassen F, Jacobs B, et al. Outcome of arterial reconstruction and free-flap coverage in diabetic foot ulcers: long-term results. World J Surg. 2010;34(1):177-184.
4. Clemens MW, Parikh P, Hall MM, et al. External fixators as an adjunct to wound healing. Foot Ankle Clin N Am. 2008;13(1):145-156.
5. Zgonis T, Stapleton JJ. Innovative techniques in preventing and salvaging neurovascular pedicle flaps in reconstructive foot and ankle surgery. Foot Ankle Spec. 2008;1(2): 97-104.
6. Ducic I, Attinger CE. Foot and ankle reconstruction: pedicled muscle flaps versus free flaps and the role of diabetes. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2011;128(1):173-178.
7. Fitzgerald O’Connor EJ, Vesely M, Holt PJ, et al. A systemic review of free tissue transfer in the management of non-traumatic lower extremity wounds in patients with diabetes. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2011;41(3):391-399.
8. Aulivola B, Hile CN, Hamdan AD, et al. Major lower extremity amputation: outcome of a modern series. Arch Surg. 2004;139(4):395-9.
9. Buford GA, Trzeciak MA. A novel method for lower-extermity immobilization after free-flap reconstruction of posterior heel defects. Plast Recon Surg. 2003;111(2):821-824.
10. Bindiger A, Ecker J, Kuschner S, et al. External fixation of extremity flaps and grafts. Ann Plast Surg. 1991;26(2):198-199.
11. Bhatnagar A. Miniwatermattress to prevent pressure sores over the heel. Plast Reconstr Surg. 1997;99(3):927-928.
12. Hasen KV, Dumanian GA, Mustoe TA. The “pillow box” for foot elevation. Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002;109(6): 2162.
13. Ali R, Qureshi A, Yagoob MY, et al. Total contact cast for neuropathic diabetic foot ulcers. J Coll Physicians Surg Pak. 2008;18(11):695-8.
14. Faglia E, Caravaggi C, Clerici G, et al. Effectiveness of removable walker cast versus nonremovable fiberglass off-bearing cast in the healing of diabetic plantar foot ulcer: a randomized controlled trial. Diabetes Care. 2010;33(7):1419-23.
15. Forni C, Loro L, Tremosini M. Use of polyurethane foam inside plaster casts to prevent the onset of heel sores in the population at risk. A controlled clinical study. J Clin Nurs. 2011;20(5-6):675-80.
16. Belczyk RJ, Rogers LC, Andros G, et al. External fixation techniques for plastic and reconstructive surgery of the diabetic foot. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 2011;28(4):649-660.
17. Lowenberg DW, Sadeghi C, Brooks D, et al. Use of circular external fixation to maintain foot position during free tissue transfer to the foot and ankle. Microsurgery. 2008;28(8):623-27.
18. Segev E, Wientroub S, Kollender Y, et al. A combined use of a free vascularised flap and an external fixator for reconstruction of lower extremity defects in children. J Ortho Surg. 2007;15(2):207-10.
19. Cavadas P. Use of limited external fixation for limb elevation in lower extremity free flaps. J Plast Reconstr Aesthet Surg. 2008;61(11):1411-2.