What You Should Know About Screening For PAD
- Volume 21 - Issue 5 - May 2008
- 6241 reads
- 0 comments
1. White CJ, Gray WA. Endovascular therapies for peripheral arterial disease: an evidence-based review. Circulation 116:2203-2215, 2007.
2. Marso SP, Hiatt WR. Peripheral arterial disease in patients with diabetes. J Am Coll Cardiol 47:921-9, 2006.
3. American Diabetes Association Consensus Statement. Peripheral arterial disease in people with diabetes. Diabetes Care 26(12):3333-3341, 2003.
4. Eason SL, Petersen NJ, Suarez-Almazor M, Davis B, Collins TC. Diabetes mellitus, smoking and the risk for asymptomatic peripheral arterial disease: whom should we screen? J Am Board Fam Pract 18:355-361, 2005.
5. Ridker PM, Cushman M, Stampfer MJ, Tracy RP, Hennekens CH. Plasma concentration of C-reactive protein and risk of developing peripheral vascular disease. Circulation 97:425-428, 1998.
6. Williams SB, Cusco JA, Roddy MA, Johnstone MT, Creager MA. Impaired nitric-oxide mediated vasodilation in patients with non-insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. J Am Coll Cardiol 27:567-574, 1996.
7. Inoguchi T, Li P, Umeda F, et al. High glucose level and free fatty acid stimulate reactive protein oxygen species production through protein kinase C-dependent activation of NAD(P)H oxidase in cultured vascular cells. Diabetes 49:1939-1945, 2000.
8. Haltmayer M, Mueller T, Horvath W, Luft C, Poelz W, Haidinger D. Impact of atherosclerotic risk factors on the anatomical distribution of peripheral arterial disease. Int Angiol 20:200-207, 2001.
9. Marso SP, Hiatt WR. Peripheral arterial disease in patients with diabetes. J Am Coll Cardiol 47:921-929, 2006. Same as 1
10. Hirsch AT, Haskal ZJ, Hertzer NR, et al. ACC/AHA 2005 guidelines for the management of patients with peripheral arterial disease (lower extremity, renal, mesenteric and abdominal aortic): a collaborative report from the American Association for Vascular Surgery/ Society for Vascular Surgery, Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, Society for Vascular Medicine and Biology, Society of Interventional Radiology and the ACC/AHA Task Force on Practice Guidelines. (Writing Committee to Develop the Guidelines for the Management of Patients With Peripheral Arterial Disease. J Am Coll Cardiol 47:el-192, 2006.
For further reading, check out the archives at www.podiatrytoday.com.