How Core Muscles Can Affect The Lower Extremity
- Volume 21 - Issue 4 - April 2008
- 13067 reads
- 0 comments
Dr. Richie is an Adjunct Associate Professor in the Department of Applied Biomechanics at the California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt College. He is a Past President of the American Academy of Podiatric Sports Medicine.
1. Beck M, Sledge JB, Gautier E, Dora CF, Ganz R. The anatomy and function of the gluteus minimus muscle. J Bone Joint Surg, 82-B: 358-363, Apr 2000.
2. Fredericson M, Ngo J, Cobb K. Effects of Ball Sports on Future Risk of Stress Fracture in Runners. Clin J Sport Med. 2005; 15: 3: 136-141.
3. Fredericson M, Cookingham CL, Chaudhari AM, Dowdell BC, Oestreicher N, Sahrmann SA. Hip abductor weakness in distance runners with iliotibial band syndrome. Clin J Sport Med 2000; 3 (10): 169-75.
4. Niemuth PE, Johnson RJ, Myers MJ, Thieman TJ. Hip muscle weakness and overuse injuries in recreational runners. Clin J Sport Med. 2005 Jan;15(1):14-21.
5. Cichanowski HR, Schmitt JS, Johnson RJ, Niemuth PE. Hip strength in collegiate female athletes with patellofemoral pain. Med Sci Sports Exerc. 2007 Aug;39(8):1227-32.