Waveform Electrostimulation: Can It Be Another Option For Painful Peripheral Neuropathy?
- Volume 21 - Issue 4 - April 2008
- 22020 reads
- 0 comments
1. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National diabetes fact sheet. 2005.
2. Berger A, Dukes EM, Oster G. Clinical characteristics and economic costs of patients with painful neuropathic disorders. J Pain 5:143-159, 2004.
3. McQuay HJ, Tramer M, Nye BA, et al. A systematic review of antidepressants in neuropathic pain. Pain 68:217-227, 1996.
4. Mendell JR, Sahenk Z. Painful sensory neuropathy. N Engl J Med 348:1243-55, 2003.
5. Cohen KL, Susanne H. Efficacy and safety of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the therapy of diabetic neuropathy. Arch Intern Med 147:1442-4, 1987.
6. Harati Y, Gooch C, Swenson M, et al. Double-blind randomized trial of tramadol for the treatment of the pain of diabetic neuropathy. Neurology 50:1842-6, 1998.
7. Sindrup SH, Anderson G, Madsen C, et al. Tramadol relieves pain and allodynia in polyneuropathy: a randomized, double-blind, controlled trial. Pain 83:85-90, 1999.
8. Sindrup S, Jenson TS. Efficacy of pharamacological treatments of neuropathic pain: an update and effect related to mechanism of drug action. Pain 83:389-400, 1999.
9. Rosenstock J, Tuchman M, LaMoreaux L, Sharma U. Pregabalin for the treatment of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy: a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Pain 110(3):628-638, Aug. 2004.
10. Raskin J, Pritchett YL, Wang F, et al. A double-blind, randomized, multicenter trial comparing duloxetine with placebo in the management of diabetic peripheral neuropathic pain. Pain Med 6(5):346-356, Sept-Oct 2
11. Barrett S, DeHeer P, Offutt S. Point-Counterpoint: Nerve decompression in diabetic patients: should it be done? Podiatry Today 18(6):44-50, June 2005.
12. Mahoney CT. Surgical management of diabetic neuropathy: 200 consecutive patients. Presented at the ACFAS Meeting, 2005.
13. Boulton A. Expert insights on painful diabetic neuropathy. Podiatry Today 16(3):30-36, 2003.
14. Leonard DR, Farooqi MH, Myers S. Restoration of sensation, reduced pain and improved balance in subjects with diabetic peripheral neuropathy: a double-blind randomized, placebo-controlled study with monochromatic near-infrared treatment. Diabetes Care 27(1):168-172, Jan. 2004.
15. Lavery L. A closer look at the research behind MIRE therapy. Podiatry Today 20(7):22-29, July 2007.
16. Harkless L, LaFontaine J, Shibuya H. Prelimi-nary: a randomized, controlled study, assessing the efficacy of the MicroVas Device in the treatment of patients with diabetic peripheral neuropathy in the lower extremities. University of Texas Health Sciences Center and the Texas Diabetes Institute, June 2007.
17. Kumar D, Marshall HJ. Effectiveness of electrotherapy and amitriptyline for symptomatic relief. Diabetes Care 21:1322-1325, 1998.