Essential Questions For Surgical Intervention Of Diabetic Foot Infections
1. Laing P. The development and complications of diabetic foot ulcers. American Jour Surg 1998: 176(S2A): 11-19S.
2. Murray HJ and Boulton AJM. The pathophysiology of diabetic foot ulceration. Clinics in Pod Med Surg 1995; 12(1):1-17.
3. Eneroth M, Larsson J, and Apelqvist J. Deep foot infections in patients with diabetes and foot ulcer: an entity with different characteristics, treatments and prognosis. Jour Diab Comp 1999; 13:254-263.
4. Gibbons GW and Habershaw GM. Diabetic foot infections. Anatomy and surgery. Infect Disease Clin of North Amer 1995; 9(1): 131-42.
5. Brem H, Sheehan P, Rosenberg HJ, et al. Evidence-based protocol for diabetic foot ulcers. Plastics Recon Surg 2006; 117(7S): 193-209S.
6. Sarrafian SK. Anatomy of the foot and ankle. Philadelphia: JB Lippincott; 1993. 7. Sartoris DJ, Devine S, Resnick D, et al. Plantar compartmental infection in the diabetic foot. The role of computed tomography. Investigative Radiology 1985; 20(8): 772-784.
8. Feingold ML, Resnick D, et al. The plantar compartments of the foot: a roentgen approach. Investigative Radiology 1977; 12(3):281-88.
9. Guyton GP, Shearman CM and Saltzman CL. The compartments of the foot revisited. Jour Bone Joint Surg 2001; 83B(2):245-249.
10. Mitchell IR, Meyer C, Krueger WA. Deep fascia of the foot. Anatomic and clinical considerations. JAPMA 1991; 81(7): 373-475.
11. Sartoris, DJ. Cross-sectional imaging of the diabetic foot. Journal Foot Ankle Surg 1994; 33(6): 531-545.
12. Goldman, FD. Deep space iinfections in the diabetic patient. JAPMA 1987; 77(8): 431-443.
13. Grodinsky M. A study of fascial spaces of the foot and their bearing on infections. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1929; 49:737.
14. Bernhard LM, Bakst M, et al. Plantar space abscesses in the diabetic foot: diagnosis and treatment. Journal Foot Surg 1984; 23(4): 283-290.
15. Grodinsky M. A study of the fascial spaces of the foot and their bearing on infections. Surg Gynecol Obstet 1930; 51: 460.
16. Ledermann HP, Morrison WB, et al. Tendon involvement in pedal infection: MR analysis of frequency, distribution, and spread of infection. Amer Jour Radiology 2002; 179:939-947.
17. Attinger CE, Cooper P, et al. The safest surgical incisions and amputations applying the angiosome principles and using the Doppler to assess the arterial-arterial connections of the foot and ankle. Foot and Ankle Clinics 2001(6): 745-799.
18. Attinger CE, Cooper P, Blume P. Vascular anatomy of the foot and ankle. Operative Techniques in Plastic Reconstructive Surgery 1997;4:183-198.
19. Taylor GI, Pan WR. Angiosomes of the leg: anatomic study and clinical implications. Plast Reconstr Surg 1998; 102:599-616.
20. Reach JS, Amrami KK, et al. The compartments of the foot: a 3-telsa magnestic resonance imaging study with clinical correlates for needle pressure testing. Foot Ankle Intl 2007; 28(5):584-594.