Can Daptomycin Have An Impact With Skin And Skin Structure Infections?
1. Eron LJ, Lipsky BA, Low DE, et al. Managing skin and soft tissue infections: expert panel recommendations on key decision points. J Antimicrob Chemother 52 Suppl 1: i3-i17, 2003.
2. Lipsky BA, Berendt AR, Deery HG, et al. Diagnosis and treatment of diabetic foot infections. Clin Infect Dis 39: 885-910, 2004.
3. Dang CN, Prasad YD, Boulton AJ, Jude EB. Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus in the diabetic foot clinic: a worsening problem. Diabet Med 20(2): 159-161, 2003.
4. National Nosocomial Infections Surveillance (NNIS) System Report, data summary from January 1992 through June 2004, issued October 2004. Am J Infect Control 32(8): 470-485, 2004.
5. Stevens DL. The role of vancomycin in the treatment paradigm. Clin Infect Dis 42 Suppl 1: S51-S57, 2006.
6. Hidayat LK, Hsu DI, Quist R, Shriner KA, Wong-Beringer A. High-dose vancomycin therapy for methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus infections: efficacy and toxicity. Arch Intern Med 166(19): 2138-2144, 2006.
7. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Staphylococcus aureus resistant to vancomycin--United States, 2002. MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 51(26): 565-567, 2002.
8. Sakoulas G, Moise-Broder PA, Schentag J, et al. Relationship of MIC and bactericidal activity to efficacy of vancomycin for treatment of methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus bacteremia. J Clin Microbiol 42(6): 2398-2402, 2004.
9. Howden BP, Ward PB, Charles PG, et al. Treatment outcomes for serious infections caused by methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus with reduced vancomycin susceptibility. Clin Infect Dis 38(4): 521-528, 2004.
10. Silverman JA, Perlmutter NG, Shapiro HM. Correlation of daptomycin bactericidal activity and membrane depolarization in Staphylococcus aureus. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47(8): 2538-2544, 2003.
11. Cubist Pharmaceuticals. Cubicin® (daptomycin for injection) prescribing information. 2006. Lexington, MA.
12. Rybak MJ, Hershberger E, Moldovan T, Grucz RG. In vitro activities of daptomycin, vancomycin, linezolid, and quinupristin-dalfopristin against staphylococci and enterococci, including vancomycin-intermediate and -resistant strains. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 44(4): 1062-1066, 2000.
13. Goldstein EJ, Citron DM, Warren YA, et al. In vitro activities of dalbavancin and 12 other agents against 329 aerobic and anaerobic gram-positive isolates recovered from diabetic foot infections. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50(8): 2875-2879, 2006.
14. Sader HS, Fritsche TR, Jones RN. Daptomycin bactericidal activity and correlation between disk and broth microdilution method results in testing of Staphylococcus aureus strains with decreased susceptibility to vancomycin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 50(7): 2330-2336, 2006.
15. Arbeit RD, Maki D, Tally FP, Campanaro E, Eisenstein BI. The safety and efficacy of daptomycin for the treatment of complicated skin and skin-structure infections. Clin Infect Dis 38(12): 1673-1681, 2004.
16. Lipsky BA, Stoutenburgh U. Daptomycin for treating infected diabetic foot ulcers: evidence from a randomized, controlled trial comparing daptomycin with vancomycin or semi-synthetic penicillins for complicated skin and skin-structure infections. J Antimicrob Chemother 55(2): 240-245, 2005.
17. Silverman JA, Oliver N, Andrew T, Li T. Resistance studies with daptomycin. Antimicrob Agents Chemother 45(6):1799-1802, 2001.
18. Garau J. Management of cSSTIs: the role of daptomycin. Curr Med Res Opin 22(11): 2079-2087, 2006.
19. Fowler VG, Jr., Boucher HW, Corey R, et al. Daptomycin versus standard therapy for bacteremia and endocarditis caused by Staphylococcus aureus. N Engl J Med 355(7): 653-665, 2006.
20. Nguyen HH, Hoze MD. Hospital-based Oupatient Parenteral Antimicrobiol Therapy (OPAT) at a University Hospital. Presented at Infectious Diseases Society of America (IDSA) 44th Annual Meeting, held October 12-15, in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Abstract # 221.