Educating Your Patients On Nutrition And Exercise
- Volume 15 - Issue 9 - September 2002
- 6373 reads
- 0 comments
Dr. Jensen is a first-year resident at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. She gives additional acknowledgement to Kevin A. Lawson, MSN, MPH, PHND.
Dr. Steinberg is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics/Podiatry Service at the University of Texas Health Science Center.
1. Knowler WC, Barrett-Connor E, Fowler SE, et al, Reduction in the incidence of type 2 diabetes with lifestyle intervention or metformin. N England Journal of Medicine, 346(6) 2002.J
2. Rich S, Diabetes: A Gentle Approach to a ToughProblem, Radiance Fall 1995.
3. Brodsky IG, Nutritional Effects of Dietary Protein Restriction in Insulin-Dependent Diabetes Mellitus, The Journal of Nutrition, 128:2 Feb 1998.
4. Mokdad AH et al, Diabetes trends in the U.S.: 1990-1998. Diabetes Care 23(9) 2000.
5. National Diabetes Fact Sheet, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/pubs/estimates.htm
6. Joslin Diabetes Center – Managing Diabetes, http://www.joslin.harvard.edu/education/library
7. Eating Healthy With the Diabetes Food Pyramid As Your Guide, American Diabetes Association.