What Emerging Research Reveals About Hyperglycemia And Vascular Imbalances
- Volume 20 - Issue 1 - January 2007
- 9506 reads
- 0 comments
Dr. La Fontaine is a Fellow of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He is an Assistant Professor and Interim Chief of the Podiatry Division at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He is also the Director of the Podiatry Residency Training Program in the Department of Orthopedics in the aforementioned institution.
1. Dyck PJ, Kratz KM; Karnes JL. The prevalence by staged severity of various types of diabetic neuropathy, retinopathy, and nephropathy in a population-based cohort: the Rochester Diabetic Neuropathy Study. Neurology 1993 Apr;43(4):817-24.
2. Sykes MT, Godsey JB. Vascular evaluation of the problem diabetic foot. Clin Podiatr Med Surg. 1998 Jan;15(1):49-83.
3. Kandzari DE, Kiesz RS, Allie D, et al: Procedural and clinical outcomes with catheter-based plaque excision in critical limb ischemia. J Endovasc Ther 2006, 13(1): 12-22.
4. Blakytny R, Jude EB, Martin Gibson J, et. al. Lack of insulin-like growth factor 1 (IGF1) in the basal keratinocyte layer of diabetic skin and diabetic foot ulcers. J Pathol. 2000 Apr;190(5):589-94.
5. Singleton JR, Smith AG, Russell JW, et. al. Microvascular complications of impaired glucose tolerance. Diabetes 2003, 52: 2867.
Deeks ED, Scott LJ. Pioglitazone/Metformin. Drugs 2006, 66(14):1863-77.