A Guide To Emerging Antibiotics For Diabetic Foot Infections
- Volume 18 - Issue 12 - December 2005
- 53533 reads
- 0 comments
1. Goldstein E, Citron DM, Merriam CV, Warren Y, Tyrrell KL, Gesser RM. General microbiology and in vitro susceptibility of anaerobes isolated from complicated skin and skin-structure infections in patients enrolled in a comparative trial of ertapenem versus piperacillin-tazobactam. Clin Infect Dis 2002 Sep 1:35 (Suppl 1):S119-125.
2. Graham DR, Lucasti C, Malafaia O, Nichols RL, Holtom P, Perez NQ, McAdams A, Woods GL, Ceesay TP, Gesser R. Ertapenem once daily versus piperacillin-tazobactam four times per day for treatment of complicated skin and skin-structure infections in adults: results of a prospective, randomized, double-blind multicenter study. Clin Infect Dis 2002 Jun 1; 34(11):1460-8.
3. Lipsky, et. al. SIDESTEP Study IDSA Poster 3776, 2004.
4. Edmiston CE, Krepel CJ, Seabrook GR, Somberg LR, Nakeeb A, Cambria RA, Towne JB. In vitro activities of moxifloxacin against 900 aerobic and anaerobic surgical isolates from patients with intraabdominal and diabetic foor infections. Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy March 2004 48(3):1012-6.
5. Ellis-Grosse EJ, Babinchak T, Dartois N, Rose G, Loh E, Tigecycline 300 cSSSI Study Group, Tigecycline 305 cSSSI Study Group. The efficacy and safety of tigecycline in the treatment of skin and skin-structure infections: results of two double-blind phase three comparison studies with vancomycin-aztreonam. Clin Infect Dis 2005 Sept 1; 41 (Suppl 5):S341-53.
6. Yin LY, Lazzarini L, Li F, Stevens CM, Calhoun JH. Comparative evaluation of tigecycline and vancomycin with and without rifampicin, in the treatment of methicillin resistant Staphylococcus aureus experimental osteomyelitis in a rabbit model. J Antimicrob Chemother 2005 Jun; 55(6):995-1002.
7. Bosso JA. The antimicrobial armamentarium: evaluating current and future treatment options. Pharmacotherapy 2005 Sept; 25(9):55S-62S.
8. Lipsky BA, Stoutenburgh U. Daptomycin for treating infected diabetic foot ulcers: evidence from a randomized, controlled trial comparing daptomycin with vancomycin or semi-synthetic penicillins for complicated skin and skin-structure infections. J Antimicrob Chemother 2005 Feb 55(2):240-5.
9. Appelbaum PC, Jacobs MR. Recently approved investigational antibiotics for treatment of severe infections caused by Gram-positive bacteria. Curr Opin Microbiol 2005 Oct; 8(5):510-7.