Combining VAC Therapy With Advanced Modalities: Can It Expedite Healing?
- Volume 18 - Issue 9 - September 2005
- 16593 reads
- 0 comments
27. Marston WA, Hanft J, Norwood P, Pollak R. The efficacy and safety of Dermagraft in improving the healing of chronic diabetic foot ulcers: results of a prospective randomized trial. Diabetes Care. Jun 2003;26(6):1701-1705.
28. Hanft JR, Surprenant MS. Healing of chronic foot ulcers in diabetic patients treated with a human fibroblast-derived dermis. J Foot Ankle Surg. Sep-Oct 2002;41(5):291-299.
29. Bowering CK. Dermagraft in the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers. J Cutan Med Surg. Dec 1998;3 Suppl 1:S1-29-32.
30. Eaglstein WH. Dermagraft treatment of diabetic ulcers. J Dermatol. Dec 1998;25(12):803-804.
31. Grey JE, Lowe G, Bale S, Harding KG. The use of cultured dermis in the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers. J Wound Care. Jul 1998;7(7):324-325.
32. Edmonds ME, Foster AV, McColgan M. ‘Dermagraft’: a new treatment for diabetic foot ulcers. Diabet Med. Dec 1997;14(12):1010-1011.
33. Scherer LA, Shiver S, Chang M, The vacuum assisted closure device: a method of securing skin grafts and improving graft survival, Arch Surg. 2002 Aug;137(8):930-3; discussion 933-4
34. Moisidis E, Heath T, Boorer C, A prospective, blinded, randomized, controlled clinical trial of topical negative pressure use in skin grafting, Plast Reconstr Surg. 2004 Sep 15;114(4):917-22
35. Espensen EH, Nixon BP, Lavery LA, Armstrong DG. Use of subatmospheric (VAC) therapy to improve bioengineered tissue grafting in diabetic foot wounds. J Am Podiatr Med Assoc. Jul-Aug 2002;92(7):395-397.
36. Jeschke MG, Rose C, Angele P, Fuchtmeier B, Nerlich MN, Bolder U. Development of new reconstructive techniques: use of Integra in combination with fibrin glue and negative-pressure therapy for reconstruction of acute and chronic wounds. Plast Reconstr Surg. Feb 2004;113(2):525-530.
37. Yager DR, Zhang LY, Liang HX, Diegelmann RF, Cohen IK. Wound fluids from human pressure ulcers contain elevated matrix metalloproteinase levels and activity compared to surgical wound fluids. J Invest Dermatol. 1996;107(5):743-748.