Key Considerations In Managing The Charcot Foot
- Volume 18 - Issue 5 - May 2005
- 19999 reads
- 0 comments
Dr. Steinberg (pictured) is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Surgery at the Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C.
1. Armstrong DG, Lavery LA, Harkless LB: Treatment based classification system for assessment and care of diabetic feet. Clin. Pod. Med. Surg. 15(1):11-19, 1998.
2. Shapiro, SA, et al: Normal blood flow response and vasomotion in the diabetic Charcot foot. J Diab Comp. 12:147-153, 1998
3. Gough A, et al: Measurement of markers of osteoclast and osteoblast activity in patients with acute and chronic diabetic Charcot neuroarthropathy. Diabetic Medicine 14:527-531, 1997.
4. Armstrong DG, Todd WF, Lavery LA, Harkless LB, Bushman TR: The natural history of acute Charcot's arthropathy in a diabetic foot specialty clinic. Diabet Med 14:357-363, 1997.
5. Selby PL, Young MJ, Boulton AM: Bisphosphonates: A new treatment for diabetic Charcot neuroarthropathy? Diabetic Medicine 11:28-31, 1994.
6. Fabrin J. et al. Long-term flow-up in diabetic Charcot feet with spontaneous onset. Diabetes Care 23(6):796-800, 2000.
7. Pinzur MS, et al. A treatment algorithm for neuropathy (Charcot) midfoot deformity. Foot & Ankle 14(4):189-197, 1993.
8. Brodsky JW, Rouse AM. Exostectomy for symptomatic bony prominences in diabetic Charcot feet. Clinical Orthopaedics 296:21-26, 1993.
9. Simon SR, et al. Arthrodesis as an early alternative to nonoperative management of Charcot arthropathy of the diabetic foot. JBJS 82-A(7):939-944, 2000.
10. Wang JC, Le AW, Tsukuda RK. A new technique for Charcot's foot reconstruction. JAPMA 92(8):429-436, 2002.
11. Sticha RS, Frascone ST, Wertheimer SJ: Major arthrodesis in patients with neuropathic arthropathy. JFAS 35(6):560-566, 1996.
12. Grady JF, et al: Use of electrostimulation in the treatment of diabetic neuroarthropathy. JAPMA 90(6):287-294, 2000.
13. Sims DS, Cavanagh PR, Ulbrecht JS. Risk factors in the diabetic foot. Physical Therapy 68(12):1887-1902, 1988.