Why We Shouldn't Overlook Psychosocial Issues In Patients With Diabetes
- Volume 17 - Issue 8 - August 2004
- 9508 reads
- 0 comments
Dr. Jolly is the President of the American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons. He is the Chief of Podiatric Surgery and is the Director of the PGY-5 Fellowship in Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery at New Britain General Hospital in New Britain, Ct. Dr. Jolly is a Clinical Professor of Surgery at the College of Podiatric Medicine and Surgery at Des Moines University in Des Moines, Iowa.
Dr. Steinberg (pictured) is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthopaedics/Podiatry Service at the University of Texas Health Science Center.
1. Rubin RR, Peyrot M. Psychological issues and treatments for people with diabetes. J Clin Psychol. 2001;57(4):457-78
2. Polonsky WH. Emotional and quality-of-life aspects of diabetes management. Curr Diab Rep. 2002;2(2):153-9.
3. Harris MD. Psychosocial aspects of diabetes with an emphasis on depression. Curr Diab Rep. 2003;3(1):49-55.
4. Cox S. How I coped emotionally with diabetes in my family. Prof Care Mother Child. 1994;4(5):139-41.