Cryosurgery Or Sclerosing Injections: Which Is Better For Neuromas?
- Volume 17 - Issue 6 - June 2004
- 63101 reads
- 0 comments
3. Steinberg MD: The use of vitamin B-12 in Morton’s neuralgia. J Am Podiatry Assoc 45: 41-42, 1955.
4. Dockery GL, Nilson RZ: Intralesional injections. Clin Pod Med Surg 3: 473-485, 1986.
5. Dockery GL: The treatment of intermetatarsal neuromas with 4% alcohol sclerosing injections. J Foot Ankle Surg 38(6): 403-408, 1999.
6. Peebles CF: Sclerosing injections in the treatment of intermetatarsal neuromas. In Mahan KT, Miller SJ, Ruch JA, Yu GV, Vickers NS, eds. Update 2001: The Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Podiatry Institute Tucker, GA: The Podiatry Institute, Inc: 2001: 34-36.
7. Peebles CF: The use of sclerosing injections in the treatment of neuromas. In Mahan KT, Miller SJ, Ruch JA, Yu GV, Vickers NS, eds. Update 2003: The Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Podiatry Institute Tucker, GA: The Podiatry Institute, Inc: 2003: 122-124.
8. Downey MS: Recurrent interdigital neuroma: current considerations and treatment approaches. In Vickers NS, Miller SJ, Mahan KT, Yu GV, Camasta CA, Ruch JA, eds. Reconstructive Surgery of the Foot and Leg – Update ’96 Tucker, GA: The Podiatry Institute, Inc: 1996: 186-192.
9. Banks AS, Vito GR, Giorgini TL: Recurrent intermetatarsal neuroma: a follow-up study. JAPMA 86(7): 299-306, 1996.
10. Intermetatarsal neuroma: Preferred Practice Guideline from American College of Foot Ankle Surgeons. 1996.
11. Rengachry SS, Watanabe IS, Singer P, Bopp WJ: Effect of glycerol on peripheral nerve: an experimental study. Neurosurgery 13:681-688, 1983.
12. Package Insert. Dehydrated Alcohol Injections, USP. American Regent Laboratories, Inc., Subsidiary of Luitpold Pharmaceuticals, Shirley, NY 11967.
13. Mulder JD: The causative mechanism in Morton’s metatarsalgia. J Bone Joint Surg 33B:94-95, 1951.
14. Wu KK: Morton’s interdigital neuroma: a clinical review of its etiology, treatment and results. J Foot Ankle Surg 35:112-119, 1996.
Editor’s Note: For a related article, see “Is Injection Therapy The Best Solution For Foot Neuromas?” in the January 2002 issue or check out the archives at www.podiatrytoday.com.