A Guide To Treating Crush Injuries
32. Myerson M: Split-thickness skin excision: its use for immediate wound care in crush injuries of the foot. Foot Ankle 10:54-60, 1989.
33. Bell E: Arthrosclerotic gangrene of the lower extremities in diabetic and non-diabetic persons. Am J Clin Path 28:27, 1957.
34. Entin M: Roller and wringer injuries: clinical and experimental studies. Plast Reconstr Surg 15: 290-312, 1955.
35. Kudsk K, Sheldon G, Walton R: Degloving injuries of the extremities and torso. J Trauma 21 835-839, 1981.
36. Posch J, Weller C: Mangled and severe wringer injuries of the hand in children. J Bone Joint Surg 36A: 57-63, 1954.
37. Brown P: The prevention of infection in open wounds. 96: 42-50, 1973.
38. Godina M: Early microsurgical reconstruction of complex trauma of the extremities. Plast Reconstr Surg 78: 285-92, 1986.
39. Levine N, Lindberg R, Mason Jr. A, Pruitt Jr. B: The quantitative swab culture and smear: a quick simple method for determining the number of viable aerobic bacteria on open wounds. J Trauma 16: 89-94, 1976.
40. Pollak A, McCarthy M, Burgess A: Short-term wound complications after application of flaps for coverage of traumatic soft-tissue defects about the tibia. The Lower Extremity Assessment Project (LEAP) Study Group. J Bone Joint Surg Am 82: 1681-91, 2000.
41. Robson M, Duke W, Krizek T: Rapid bacterial screening in the treatment of civilian wounds. J Surg Res 14: 426-430, 1973.
42. Robson M, Heggers J: Bacterial quantifications of open wounds. Mil Med 134: 19-24, 1969.
43. Hardin C, Robinson D: Coverage problems in the treatment of wringer injuries. J Bone Joint Surg Am 36: 292-298, 1954.
44. Heckman J, Champine M: New techniques in the management of foot trauma. Clin Orthop 240: 105-114, 1989.
45. Kalisman M, Wexler M, Yeschua R: Treatment of extensive avulsions of skin and subcutaneous tissues. J Dermatol Surg Oncol 4: 322-27, 1978.
46. McCraw J, Myers B, Shanklin K: The value of fluoroscein in predicting the vitality of materialized flaps. Plast Reconstr Surg 60: 71-9, 1977.
47. McCraw J, Dibbell D, Carraway J: Clinical definition of independent myocutaneous vascular territories. Plast Reconstr Surg 60: 212-220, 1977.
48. McCraw J, Dibbell D: experimental definition of independent myocutaneous vascular territories. Plast Reconstr Surg 60: 341-52, 1977.
49. Waikakul S: Revascularization of degloving injuries of the limbs. Injury 28: 271-74, 1997.
50. Lai M: Degloved sole and heel. Med J Aust 1: 598-99, 1979.
51. Rautio J: Resurfacing and sensory recovery of the sole. Clin Plast Surg 18: 615-26, 1991.
52. Graf P, Kalpen A, Biemer E: Revascularization versus reconstruction of degloving injuries of the heel: case report. Microsurgery 16: 149-54, 1995.
53. Myerson M: Soft-tissue trauma-acute and chronic management. In: Surgery of the Foot and Ankle, ed. 6, vol. 2, ed by R Mann, M Coughlin, St. Louis, MO, CV Mosby, 1367-1410, 1993.
54. Baumhauer J: Mutilating injuries. In: Myerson M, ed. Disorders of the foot and Ankle. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 1245-64, 2000.
55. Rittman W, Schibli M, Matter P, et al: Open fractures: long term results in 200 consecutive cases. Clin Orthop 138: 132-40, 1979.
56. Wray J: Factors in the pathogenesis of non-union. J Bone Joint Surg Am 47A: 168-73, 1965.
57. Bibbo C, Lin S, Cunningham F: Acute traumatic compartment syndrome of the foot in children. Ped Emerg Care 16: 244-8, 2000.