A Guide To Treating Crush Injuries
- Volume 17 - Issue 3 - March 2004
- 91285 reads
- 0 comments
1. Vora A, Myerson, M: Crush injuries of the foot in the industrial setting. Foot Ankle Clin N Am 7: 367-383, 2002.
2. Myerson M, McGarvey W, Henderson M, Hakim J: Morbidity after crush injuries to the foot. J Orthop Trauma 8: 343-9, 1994
3. Omer G, Pomerantz G: Initial management of severe open injuries and traumatic amputations of the foot. Arch Surg 105:696-698, 1972.
4. Myerson M: Management of compartment syndromes of the foot. Clin Orthop 271: 239-48, 1991.
5. Myerson M: Management of crush injuries and compartment syndromes of the foot. In Foot and Ankle Disorders. Myerson (ed.) Philadelphia, W.B. Saunders, 2000.
6. Myerson M: Experimental decompression of the fascial compartments of the foot. The basis for fasciotomy in acute compartment syndromes. Foot Ankle 8: 308-14, 1988.
7. Fulkerson E, Razi A, Tejwani N: Review: Acute compartment syndrome of the foot. Foot Ankle Int 24: 180-7. 2003.
8. Myerson M: Diagnosis and treatment of compartment syndrome of the foot. Orthopedics 13: 711-7, 1990.
9. Botte M, Santi M, Prestianni C, Abrams R: Ischemic contracture of the foot and ankle: principles of management and prevention. Orthopedics 19: 235-44, 1996.
10. Ziv I, Mosheiff R, Zeligowski A, Liebergal M, Lowe J, Segal D: Crush injuries of the foot with compartment syndrome: immediate one-stage management. Foot Ankle 9(4) 185-9, 1989.
11. Reis N, Michaelson M: Crush injury to the lower limbs. Treatment of the local injury. J Bone Joint Surg Am 68: 414-418, 1986.
12. Hidalgo D: Lower extremity avulsion injuries. Clin Plast Surg 13: 701-710, 1986.
13. Brown G, Nicholls R: Crush Syndrome: A report of two cases and a review of the literature. British J Surg 64:392-402, 1977.
14. Santangelo M, Usberti M, Di Salvo E, et al: A study of the pathology of the crush syndrome. Surg Gynec Obstet 154: 372-374, 1982.
15. Sarrafian S: Anatomy of the Foot and Ankle. Philadelphia: Lippincott. 107-42, 1983.
16. Manoli A, Weber T: Fasciotomy of the foot-an anatomical study with special reference to release of the calcaneal compartment. Foot Ankle 10: 267-75, 1990.
17. Matsen F: Compartmental syndrome. A unified concept. Clin Orthop 113: 8-14, 1975.
18. Manoli A, Fakhouri A, Weber T: Concurrent compartment syndrome of the foot and leg. Foot Ankle 14:39-342,1993.
19. Whitesides T, Haney T, Morimoto K, Harada H: Tissue pressure measurements as a determinate for the need of fasciotomy. Clin Orthop 113: 43-51, 1975.
20. Myerson M, Manoli A. Compartment syndromes of the foot after calcaneal fractures. Clin Orthop 290: 142-50, 1993.
21. Mubarak S, Hargens A, Owen C, et al: The wick catheter technique for measurement of intramuscular pressure. A new research and clinical tool. J Bone Joint Surg Am 58: 1016-1020, 1976.
22. Joseph W: Handbook of Lower Extremity Infections. 2nd ed. Churchill Livingstone. New York: 2003.
23. Myerson M: Crush injuries and compartment syndromes of the foot. Int J Orthop Trauma 3: 109-113, 1993.
24. Perry M, Manoli I: Foot compartment syndrome. Orthop Clin North Am 32: 103-11, 2001.
25. Myerson M, Henderson M: Clinical applications of a pneumatic intermittent impulse compression device after trauma and major surgery to the foot and ankle. Foot Ankle 14: 198-203, 1993.
26. Myerson M, Ruland C, Allon S: Regional anesthesia for foot and ankle surgery. Foot Ankle 13: 282-288, 1992.
27. Thordarson D, Greene N, Sheperd L, Perlman M: Facilitating edema resolution with a foot pump after calcaneus fracture. J Orthop Trauma 13: 43-6, 1999.
28. Saxby T, Myerson M, Schon L: Compartment syndrome of the foot following calcaneus fracture. Foot: 2: 157, 1992.
29. Gustilo R: Current concepts in management of open fractures. Instr Course Lect 36: 359-366, 1987.
30. Gustilo R, Merkow R, Templeman D: The management of open fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Am 72A:299-303, 1990.
31. Karlin J: Management of open fractures. In Foot and Ankle Trauma. Barry Scurran, ed. 2nd ed. Churchill Livingstone, New York, 1996.